Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Ruger 10/22 feedback from owners.

My TD runs smoothly with the 25 round mags. Recently bought the clear 10 round Ruger mags and they are not working. The little cylinder doesn't rotate properly. The gun is a pleasure to shoot.Only wish I can get an aftermarket trigger.

Banned

Any problem ammo to look out for??

User

And this is where one should have patience. When I got the rifle some years ago we went to the range with a brick of Guerilla ammo, standard velocity. A total jam after every shot. Long story short - try different ammo. I gave the Guerilla ammo to a friend. His old 10-22 loves them. I have shot a great variety since and all is good.

Timney make a stunning aftermarket trigger, as do ruger themselves. I have a stainless bull barrel and a carbine and love them both. Stainless bull has a timney and a Volquartsen custom in the carbine. Improving the trigger makes these a LOT more accurate.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ashman View Post
    Timney make a stunning aftermarket trigger, as do ruger themselves. I have a stainless bull barrel and a carbine and love them both. Stainless bull has a timney and a Volquartsen custom in the carbine. Improving the trigger makes these a LOT more accurate.
    Where did you buy the triggers? Or did you import?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Timney from Nicholas Yale and Volquartsen imported

User

I use the Ruger 25 shot magazines and find them reasonably reliable, provided they are kept clean. I don't drop them in the sand when reloading (Mini-Rifle), I rather lose time by replacing them in the polymer mag pouch I had made. I also do not load the mags fully, usually only 23 rounds. The rifle is finicky re ammo and I often have extraction problems. I would like to get the Volquartsen extractors, the same extractor apparently also work for the Ruger Mk II to V pistols. Anyone know of a gunshop that stock Volquartsen products? I had my 10/22's trigger done by MRS and it is a lot better than out of the box.

User

Following. I also have the Ruger 22-45 Lite Mk 3 pistol. If I can improve the triggers of both the pistol and the rifle I would be a very happy man.

User

Quote Originally Posted by drie57 View Post
    Following. I also have the Ruger 22-45 Lite Mk 3 pistol. If I can improve the triggers of both the pistol and the rifle I would be a very happy man.
    I had both my 10/22 rifle and Mk II pistol's triggers done by MRS, both triggers are much improved.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ashman View Post
    Timney from Nicholas Yale and Volquartsen imported
    I have a 10/22 target model... does the trigger upgrade make that much of a difference? Cost of the trigger is over 5k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast