Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Default Amendments to Firearms Act

According to Martin Hood's facebook page the long awaited proposed amendments to the Firearms Act have 'broken cover' and the news is apparently not good.
    Martin has said that he will post the proposed amendments shortly.

Banned

Default Re: Amendments to Firearms Act

Any news?

Well, the news will never be good, will it ? It has been a constant attack since 1994, in which we have been whittled down piece by piece despite having expended a huge amount of effort defending against it. It has been exhausting and will only end with our demise. The only answer is to apply our efforts to ANC defeat next May. Yes, I am very aware that the DA and other parties that may be its partners in coalition may not be our friends. But we could not possibly be worse off than we are now, and my very long experience in this battle tells me that we will be better off negotiating with people who respect civil rights even if they don't like us, than with ideologically driven people who respect nothing but their ideology. Those who think there's no chance of defeating the ANC should do the maths. ANC loss of support has been dramatic in the last few years and could very well be under 50% now. Worried about the EFF ? I recently attended a talk by Jan-Jan Joubert who told us that in more than 100 by-elections since 2016 the EFF has averaged no more than 3 or 4% and in some places only 3 or 4 votes. Whatever y'all think, be sure to vote, and do your best to persuade family, friends, and anyone else who'll listen, to vote and not take the view that its pointless. Many years ago I had a short conversation with James Selfe who accepted that our attitude is not unreasonable. I intend to submit my ideas to the DA with the emphasis on the civil rights angle.

Good Morning Guys.
    Martin Hood has just posted the proposed amendments on his facebook page.
    You really could not make this shit up !
    Amongst other 'goodies'...."to provide that no firearms licences may be issued for self defence purposes"!
    That's just for starters....WTF

User

May someone be so kind and copy and paste for the guys without facebook.

User

Quote Originally Posted by EtienneA View Post
    May someone be so kind and copy and paste for the guys without facebook.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/tynqw8gagi...81%29.pdf?dl=0

User

Thanks th3wall27

User

Interesting that they want to repeal Sec 13 and 14.

And for your competency app they want a Health professional's report.

So the government is more worried about(or more accurately, shit scared of) legally possessed firearms but seem to not care too much about illegal ones(as most are sponsored by the SAPS anyway).

User

Don't take this the wrong way, but I potentially see a civil war in our country if this "draft" is ever to be enacted.
    No more S13 sections. No more self defence use. Sport shooters restricted to 8 guns total.
    Collectors may not posses ammunition for their licensed firearms.
    Collectors can only collect restricted / prohibited guns if it's de-activated.
    Ammunition collectors restricted to 10 rounds per unique calibre.
    Competencies valid for 5 years. Must submit medical report.

I foresee BIG problems.

User

Quote Originally Posted by mic View Post
    Don't take this the wrong way, but I potentially see a civil war in our country if this "draft" is ever to be enacted.
    No more S13 sections. No more self defence use. Sport shooters restricted to 8 guns total.
    Collectors may not posses ammunition for their licensed firearms.
    Collectors can only collect restricted / prohibited guns if it's de-activated.
    Ammunition collectors restricted to 10 rounds per unique calibre.
    Competencies valid for 5 years. Must submit medical report.

I foresee BIG problems.
    This will be a huge leap in the wrong direction if it passes as is and if this is not solid proof that the government's main goal is to disarm and make the population defenseless I don't know what is.

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast