Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Default Re: GOSA Media Statement on the proposed amendments to the FCA

Quote Originally Posted by MTTSS View Post
    This shows that our enemies know us better than we know ourselves.
    Exactly. They know from years of history that they can do it because resistance will be slight. I've seen it all before. Sigh !

Sent my letter to Beukman today. Next I'll edit to suit the target and send it to some media.

I started sending letters to the organisations I’m a member of asking them to work with GOSA and not wait till the draft bill is officially tabled.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFogg View Post
    I started sending letters to the organisations I’m a member of asking them to work with GOSA and not wait till the draft bill is officially tabled.
    Its always a good idea to stir up any action you can. Unfortunately it has been tried before, several times without success. I think it was Thomas Jefferson who said "If we don't hang together, gentlemen, we shall assuredly hang separately." Unfortunately we seem unable to hang together. I've never understood why, but its been my experience going back twenty years.

You need to send a letter to Beukman.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Dick View Post
    Its always a good idea to stir up any action you can. Unfortunately it has been tried before, several times without success. I think it was Thomas Jefferson who said "If we don't hang together, gentlemen, we shall assuredly hang separately." Unfortunately we seem unable to hang together. I've never understood why, but its been my experience going back twenty years.

I may have made myself unpopular by expressing a public sentiment that our community doesn't need these other firearm organisations at all - we really need the civil rights organisations outside our traditional echo chamber on our side. But then I don't really care about being unpopular. Their press releases and outreach has been much more significant than that of most firearm organisations. Gun rights are civil rights after all. Perhaps we have been looking for the wrong allies in the wrong places all this time. That certainly explains why they keep disappointing us.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick View Post

For sure, I’m not too hopeful that all the other organisations will join the fight, but that then makes it easier for me to decide where I can save up a bit more and rather donate those savings to GOSA.

Letter to Beukman is next on my list of things to do...

User

Quote Originally Posted by Manservant View Post
    I may have made myself unpopular by expressing a public sentiment that our community doesn't need these other firearm organisations at all - we really need the civil rights organisations outside our traditional echo chamber on our side. But then I don't really care about being unpopular. Their press releases and outreach has been much more significant than that of most firearm organisations. Gun rights are civil rights after all. Perhaps we have been looking for the wrong allies in the wrong places all this time. That certainly explains why they keep disappointing us.
    Anyone knows what the IRR's stance is on gunrights?

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by karoo.vellies View Post

Very pro-gun. Same case with the Free Market Foundation.

User

Quote Originally Posted by karoo.vellies View Post

Their CEO (Frans Cronje) carries a Colt 1911 if I recall correctly.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Manservant View Post
    Very pro-gun. Same case with the Free Market Foundation.
    Excellent, hope they get involved

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast