Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Default Re: GOSA Media Statement on the proposed amendments to the FCA

Quote Originally Posted by Manservant View Post
    I may have made myself unpopular by expressing a public sentiment that our community doesn't need these other firearm organisations at all - we really need the civil rights organisations outside our traditional echo chamber on our side. But then I don't really care about being unpopular. Their press releases and outreach has been much more significant than that of most firearm organisations. Gun rights are civil rights after all. Perhaps we have been looking for the wrong allies in the wrong places all this time. That certainly explains why they keep disappointing us.
    Exactly!

And this very week the fight begins on the general civil rights front!

Avanza, Avanza, a vitoria e certa!
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Quote Originally Posted by thomasnels View Post
    This article is posted on GOSA facebook page , here is a part ......must read http://paratus.info/2018/10/17/gun-ban-amendments/Ridiculous limits on S15 and S16 licence-holders

In addition to turning everyone into defenceless victims, sport shooters and hunters are also viciously targeted. You will be allowed a maximum of two handguns only. You will be allowed a maximum of 8 firearms only (if you have DSS).The maximum ammunition limit will be 25 rounds per licence. Yes, twenty-five. DSS-holders may apply for exemption, which will be granted under exceptional circumstances.In order to obtain a semi-auto rifle or shotgun (of which you are also only allowed to own a maximum of two each), you must first hold DSS for at least two years.Also, all S15 and S16 licences are valid for only 5 years.These proposed limits are of course purely arbitrary. They are not anchored in any rational argument or honest motive. The ability of sport shooters and hunters to own guns is certainly no threat to the safety of society. Quite the opposite, in fact. A healthy and vibrant sport shooting and hunting fraternity is the cornerstone of responsible and safe firearm ownership. The importance of these institutions cannot be overstated, and harming them will do infinitely more harm than good.
    So ammo comes in boxes of 50. Should you only take out half and donate the rest back to a gun shop? This is soooo ridiculous. I cannot believe there are people thinking out this shit!

User

Quote Originally Posted by PCfanatic View Post
    So ammo comes in boxes of 50. Should you only take out half and donate the rest back to a gun shop? This is soooo ridiculous. I cannot believe there are people thinking out this shit!
    While the self-defense aspects of these amendments are by far the most prominent issue, I really hope that this ridiculous round count limit gets scrapped. There is truly absolutely no logical reason for that.

Then we don't even start with the collectors issues...

Now we have a report on today's Citizen website that claims more than 18000 firearms were lost or stolen from the public in financial year 2017/18: https://citizen.co.za/news/south-afr...egal-firearms/

Typo, or deliberate action by the Portfolio Committee?

Peter

Where would they even get 18 000 from? That’s seems rather high to me. And perhaps the SAPS figure is so low because ,like someone said earlier, they often can’t trace a lot of the pistols back to SAPS and SANDF.

User

Thats a good question .......seems they have something up their sleeves.....

User

Quote Originally Posted by PCfanatic View Post
    I'm not even there yet. I'm still wondering "One 25x round clubshoot stage, or twenty-five 1x round stages"...

FML.....

User

Quote Originally Posted by SlimA View Post
    Where would they even get 18 000 from? That’s seems rather high to me. And perhaps the SAPS figure is so low because ,like someone said earlier, they often can’t trace a lot of the pistols back to SAPS and SANDF.
    Impossible - the usual figure is about 7.5K per annum.

User

From the GOSA Facebook page:

"According to the SAPS 2017/18 Annual Report, 9336 firearms were reported as lost/stolen. 18 592 firearms were recovered during the financial year, which conforms to the trend of the SAPS recovering firearms lost over previous years (including confiscations of illicitly owned weapons). It must also be noted that these "recovered" weapons also includes firearms forfeited to the state by their owners."

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by High Power View Post
    Now we have a report on today's Citizen website that claims more than 18000 firearms were lost or stolen from the public in financial year 2017/18: https://citizen.co.za/news/south-afr...egal-firearms/

Typo, or deliberate action by the Portfolio Committee?

Peter
    Ja, Francois fucked the numbers up.

That's the number recovered.

About 9000 lost/stolen and that includes firearms handed in to the SAPS and lost/stolen after that.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast