Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Banned

Default Re: New frontier armory/DM4/Bushmaster.

And the dust cover will only help if your rifle is being lugged around in a sandy and dusty dessert like environment. And it flips open after the first case ejects anyway, so not much good it will do

User

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard68 View Post
    Thank you for the feedback guys, can't find a place with new frontier in stock at the moment, so my options are now between DPMS Oracle @ R15 000, DM4 @ R17500/18500 and S&W M&P sport 2 (Optic ready) @ R19100.

which is the best buy, is it better to go for the DPMS and upgrade which will get me to the R19 000- R20 000K in any case or is it just better to go for the DM4 or S&W?

I went and checked out the S&W and DPMS but the DPMS doesn't feel as "solid" as the S&W, still the dealer insisted that DPMS is just as good. I will have to replace the gas block on both if I want a free floating barrel.

so buy @ R19100 or upgrade from R15 000?
    NSN had a New Frontier Armory G15 in stock when I went there yesterday.

Hi man, yes I bought one there a week ago, saw that it is mil-spec barrel etc according to the new frontier website so I bought it. have you done business with NSN before if I may ask?

User

Hi man, yes I bought one there a week ago, saw that it is mil-spec barrel etc according to the new frontier website so I bought it. have you done business with NSN before if I may ask?
    No, not yet. I only moved to Pretoria from Johannesburg last year so Tactical HQ was my preferred shop. The NFA G15 looks like a good option for the price. Information and reviews are just scarce to come by.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Reliability, should the bolt ever get stuck.
    Beating a round that won't chamber into the chamber using a forward assist is probably a worse idea that Gigabit leaving his cellphone lying around for his wife to get hold of.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

yes reviews are very scarce, I ended up phoning the lady from Tac shack as I have been phoning around for almost a month trying to find the best value for money. she stated that the new frontier G15 was actually a bit better in her opinion than the S&W M&P sport II. I did note that it was a bit lighter than the sport II and didn't feel as solid also. I hope I didn't make a mistake buying it instead of spending the extra 2k and getting the Sport II.

in any case, I will be sure to do a full in depth review on the gun as soon as I am allowed to take it home.

User

I am in the same boat then as you a month ago but also toying with the PCC idea.

User

yes reviews are very scarce, I ended up phoning the lady from Tac shack as I have been phoning around for almost a month trying to find the best value for money. she stated that the new frontier G15 was actually a bit better in her opinion than the S&W M&P sport II. I did note that it was a bit lighter than the sport II and didn't feel as solid also. I hope I didn't make a mistake buying it instead of spending the extra 2k and getting the Sport II.

in any case, I will be sure to do a full in depth review on the gun as soon as I am allowed to take it home.
    Is the barrel nitride coated in the inside?

Quote Originally Posted by Ungie View Post
    Is the barrel nitride coated in the inside?

states that its mil-spec meaning its a chrome lined barrel, I didn't have the time to inspect the barrel as I pitched up there basically 5 min before they closed as the gun was on special and I didn't want to miss out. I did however make sure to inspect the feed ramps and gas-key on the BCG.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4