Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Selling my house and worried about people seeing my safes.

Hi Guys,
    Need some advise.
    I am thinking about about moving.
    I have two safes, one in my built in cupboard in my bedroom, and another big one in my storage outbuilding.
    My question is what do you guys do with people snooping through your house and seeing everything in your house.
    I have kept these two thing secret for almost 4 years with some of my family not knowing, i am worried about strangers coming to see.
    Have any of you guys done anything to stop unknown people seeing this?
    Thank you,

Default Re: Selling my house and worried about people seeing my safes.

The agent is usually with the visitor at all times or if you're around, you can tag along where the safes are. I covered my safes with towels and cloths so it prevents snooping, buyers very rarely look under towels and cloths. I also found that they don't open all cupboards and look in, so that safe remains invisible. Don't sweat it.
    sleep when you're dead

Just about a year ago now. Friend of mine's parents sold their house. In the week before incident Agent came to show house to 3 gentleman. Who went through house with Agent.

The Thursday evening his parents comes back from N1 Shopping center. Notices car behind them but think nothing off it.

They park in driveway. Walk to front door. and 4 guys stand by them. Drag them into house and rob them. Even have them open safe. As they new the house.

Apparently 3 of the 4 was the once who came with agent to look at house earlier the week.

If you can make sure those cupboards are locked where ever your safes are in.

Agent cant be everywhere while people look through house.

Perhaps temporarily remove the smaller safe if you can and store whatever is in there in the bigger safe. Keep the smaller safe in your car and lock the out building?

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    Just about a year ago now. Friend of mine's parents sold their house. In the week before incident Agent came to show house to 3 gentleman. Who went through house with Agent.

The Thursday evening his parents comes back from N1 Shopping center. Notices car behind them but think nothing off it.

They park in driveway. Walk to front door. and 4 guys stand by them. Drag them into house and rob them. Even have them open safe. As they new the house.

Apparently 3 of the 4 was the once who came with agent to look at house earlier the week.

If you can make sure those cupboards are locked where ever your safes are in.

Agent cant be everywhere while people look through house.
    This is what im worried about.

User

As parthyc said, cover your safes with something that will hide it from snooping eyes. In your cupboard, you could hang clothing in front of it, if possible, which should completely cover it and render it unnoticeable.

For the other safe in your "storage outbuilding", perhaps put some boxes or a few random stuff in front of it to cover it up, to at least obscure it?

User

Quote Originally Posted by wave.jaco View Post
    As parthyc said, cover your safes with something that will hide it from snooping eyes. In your cupboard, you could hang clothing in front of it, if possible, which should completely cover it and render it unnoticeable.

For the other safe in your "storage outbuilding", perhaps put some boxes or a few random stuff in front of it to cover it up, to at least obscure it?
    Good Idea. Thanks.

User

Try and get a large appliance box (with the polystyrene Bits) that would cover the safe. Cut the back to fit over the safe. Call it an investment for your new home. To make it more authentic get some of the strapping that goes with it and glue it to the box on an out of sight section.

@shooty, Sad and scary to hear this. One minute you hoping these people would buy your house and next moment this happens.

As for the OP, what we did was put old boxes and random items that are not in everyday use in front, ontop and on the side of the safe. Basically stock piling junk around it automatically catches an eye so be careful with how much and with what you "hide" them with.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
    Try and get a large appliance box (with the polystyrene Bits) that would cover the safe. Cut the back to fit over the safe. Call it an investment for your new home. To make it more authentic get some of the strapping that goes with it and glue it to the box on an out of sight section.
    Brilliant idea

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast