Quote Originally Posted by Electrix View Post
A while back I read they advised farmers to empty their safes and to let it stand wide open with the keys in for everyone to see.

Maybe play that trick- empty your safe, perhaps put some of your guns in storage during this period. When they come to view the house tell them you’ve sold all your firearms and they can keep the safe when they buy the house. You have no need for it anymore, as they can see, it’s empty. You can add your own spin to the story you tell them.

(Bear in mind, if you don’t specifically exclude the safe when you sell the house, and agree in writing that you will take it with you and that it does not form part of the house, you can’t take it with you. You have to leave it and sell it with the house if it’s not specifically excluded with the sale).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hear you, but I would rather do my best to obscure/hide the safe so that nobody knows that I own a firearm. If today's "average" criminals know about Krugerrands and Bitcoin, then they will surely eventually know of the "advice doing the rounds" that amounts to nonsense in the end.

"Out of sight, out of mind", but that's just me...