Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Silencer question

I have just had a Nielsen silencer fitted and would like to know if I fire a HV round through it, will it cause any damage to the silencer.

I sometimes alternate in the field between HV and sub sonic and don't want to keep taking the silencer off each time.

Default Re: Silencer question

Should not at all. Unless its a very crappy silencer. Which I dont believe yours is.

Thanks, had go and it works fine.

What is the best way to clean the suppressor insides as it collects a lot of gunpowder particles as well as lead?

Overseas forums suggest something like Clean Green.

User

Most cleaning agents will do nothing, as it needs some form of agitation of scrubbing to work.

If you have an ultrasonic cleaner, you can use that. I have also found that Mamba Reloading brass cleaning solution works, as it dissolves the burnt on carbon without needing additional scrubbing.

I recently left my suppressor a week submerged in Paraffin. It cleaned 'some' of the gunk, but I expected more. Will try the Sonic cleaner. By the way, I'm a HUGE fan of Nielsen Sonic ! You did not make a mistake !

Thanks, it looks and sounds prettt good!

I need to try it with standard velocity to see if it is as quiet as sub sonic rounds.

User

Is the Nielsen locally available or did you import. They look nice on the web page.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Sean KZN View Post
    Is the Nielsen locally available or did you import. They look nice on the web page.
    They normally at Huntex with Wildman. They also on Dave sheers website.

User

Curious question...
    When using a silencer, do you need to drop the charge of the round for the sound to be suppressed?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast