Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Banned

Default Re: FN HP - Not fully locking after firing

I've got a set of recoil and firing pin springs coming in the 29th...I think I ordered a set of three...I might have left over once I replace mine

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

The HP needs to be “bathed in oil” you can’t ride this lady dry, make sure she is wet.
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

Banned

Here is the invoice for the parts i ordered...opted for fed ex shipping(probably more) but i think it bypasses the post office The total charge was R679.25...looks like i only ordered 1 recoil & 2 x firing pin springs and 3 mag springs...You can track the shipment from a link on the mail and the order just left Dubai and its on its way to JHB

Quote Originally Posted by CorditeCrazy View Post
    The HP needs to be “bathed in oil” you can’t ride this lady dry, make sure she is wet.
    Really? I have shot High Powers for some 50 years with never more than a light wipe of oil on the various rubbing surfaces; never had failures to close. Of course the pistol should be clean to start with. Peter

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Quote Originally Posted by Boot View Post
    Sometimes, after I fire a round the slide doesn`t fully close. I have tried my reloaded ammo and store bought, but both seem to not fully lock. I suspect that it is my recoil spring.

The hand gun is old, from the 80s, and looks original. I think that it is 17lb and I would like to replace it. I have seen that Wolfe offers 18.5lb springs and I think that would be ideal.

Does anyone know where I could get Recoil Springs locally? I live in Gauteng if that helps.
    Just asking.... Are you aware that the recoil assembly can be inserted incorrectly?
    live out your imagination , not your history.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2