Thread: Glock 26

Default Glock 26

Hi guys, looking at getting the wife a pistol for edc, now the question G26 or G43?
    Was looking at the G43 but the G26 is about R2000 cheaper and holds 4 more rounds.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: Glock 26

Forget about cost.

Get something that she is willing to carry and a gun that SHE decided on.

Either are good choices

User

I agree with what pdh said.

Also bear in mind that the G26 can take the bigger glock mags, so you can use a 17 to 33 round mag in the g26, not so much the G43

User

Check PM regarding G43

User

Chances of her actually carrying the thing, 43 is the better option. I 26 is a great gun, but useless if you leave it at home.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pdh View Post
    Forget about cost.

Either are good choices
    This.

User

The narrow width of the single stack 43 makes a big difference in comfortability, especially for a lady. I have to admit I love my 43 and it carries unbelievably comfortable, especially if you have an active lifestyle and dressing in light clothes. Ever since I got mine my wife also wants it. :)

Quote Originally Posted by pdh View Post
    Forget about cost.

Either are good choices
    This a million times over... Give her quality choices but make it her choice that way she is more like to carry it as it was intended rather than forcing a gun on her and her carrying it begrudgingly in the beginning and then either making piece with it or it ending up in the safe, i've seen guys forcing ladies to buy a certain gun and it going eitherway.

Take her to shoot them if you are within driving range of Centurion Indoor they have both and you can rent them.

The misses went for the G43. She shot the best with it straight out the boks (could be that it was the last of the 4 pistols we considered for her so she had a bit more "experience" by then), she still shoots it better than my M&P9c simply because it fits her hand better and she gets a stronger grip on it.

But i took the misses to shoot the M&P9c, Bodyguard, G42 and the G43...

Ok thanks guys, so the wife chose the G26 over the G43 . She struggled to release the slide on both guns ( they where a little hard) , but after upgrading the slide release on the G 26 she had no problems at all . Apparently the slide release and a lot of other parts can't be changed on the 43 ? So this and the part that you can use all most any size of glock mag in the 26 , ticked the box of the 26

Sent from my SM-A720F using Tapatalk

User