Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Get Home Bag/EDC Bag

Quote Originally Posted by Kev123 View Post
    There was a great thread on here, think it was by one of the Forum Dealers, about how he tested his to go bag, got dropped by a mate and made his way home or something, wish I could find it now.
    This is what you're referring to, from Craig @TacQM
    https://www.tacticalquartermaster.co...ews/my-bug-out

Thanks for the Link.

I inspected my bag now, and I left out a few things.

Rescue blanket (Separate one in IFAK)

Spork and Ocean Basket Take away utensil bag ( Plastic utensils, salt and wet wipe )
    Linnensaver
    Small Hotel-style soap
    N95 masks
    Whistle
    Headlamp
    Cable ties (steel and Nylon)

I'm adding a glow stick to the bag as well.

As I've mentioned before, although many items are mentioned. I am still able to carry it around if necessary.

@Camo, bag comes in at 5 kg. So I was quite off with my initial estimate.

User

Toilet paper, that stuff will be worth alot. If you are married a few feminine products.

Quote Originally Posted by RevA View Post
    Toilet paper, that stuff will be worth alot. If you are married a few feminine products.
    I have the Handtowels. Not the most comfortable for wiping your crack, but it takes less space and are more durable for other tasks. I like the idea of a Feminine product, thanks.

What packs are you guys using and how big are they? Anyone used the Camelbak mil-spec ones?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Cal View Post
    What packs are you guys using and how big are they? Anyone used the Camelbak mil-spec ones?
    I use a condor urban go pack. 30l pack. Is approved by the ntoa

I have the Camelbak BFM but haven't started using it as a go bag yet. It seems sturdy enough from general range use so far. It's rated for 46l I think so should be enough.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by killzone View Post
    I have the Handtowels. Not the most comfortable for wiping your crack, but it takes less space and are more durable for other tasks. I like the idea of a Feminine product, thanks.
    Why don't you guys just ask HANNON to make you up a Bag with some Feminine goodies inside!!!

I agree with you Killzone! when I read your list and you said you don't smoke my immediate thought was "Very clever".

Thanks for the list and as a matter of interest my brother has his bag ready and waiting at all times, another option in regards to the water is a "life straw" of sorts...although 500ml bottles are not heavy, having a life straw could reduce the weight of your bag as well as give more room for those peanuts :)

Good read and enjoy this stuff always!

Cheers!

User

Feminine hygiene products is a good one to include. Apparently tampons can be stuck into wounds to slow/stop bleeding. Pads can be used a compress.

I'll never forget the day my 3 year old nephew bumped his head against a sharp table corner and the nearest hospital 40 km away - he was bleeding all over the place - my aunt stuck a maxi pad on his head. We still laugh about that one.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast