Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Glock 43 or CZ P07

So I’ve been saving up for my first firearm. I’m planning on submitting my competency in November and then purchasing the pistol early next year.

My issue is that I would like to one day own both a G43 and a P07 (or Glock 19). At the moment I would probably like the firearm more for shooting at the range and reloading, but I would also like to carry it. I know the P07 would be the better all rounder but I also like how concealable the 43 is.

So, if I buy the P07, do you think CFR will reject my future attempts at licensing a Glock 43 for sport shooting under OSS, thus making me get the 43 on S13 first and then the P07 on S15 at a later stage?

I’m (obviously) not worried about carrying a s15 for self defense but I know Cfr and even the dfos like to cause unnecessary problems.

Banned

Default Re: Glock 43 or CZ P07

Buy the 43 now , license it under Sec13 and carry it everyday. Play around with it at the range to get proficient with it.
    Buy Po7 later and license under Sec 15.
    It's always easier to EDC a smaller gun than a larger one.
    With the Po7, there might be days where you'd think that "Nah, I'd rather leave it at home" because of the required dress code or other reasons

User

I would go the other way with this one.
    I suggest getting a P07 or G19 first and then maybe get involved in a shooting discipline. IDPA, IPSC or Pins shooting etc. You will learn a huge amount from the people involved as well as the events itself.

The P07 or G19 is a much easier platform and size of weapon to learn all the shooting basics and to get proficient in shooting with.

Learn to conceal the bigger gun and get used to it. You might even decide that you don't need a smaller firearm for EDC.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BBT View Post
    With the Po7, there might be days where you'd think that "Nah, I'd rather leave it at home" because of the required dress code or other reasons
    So let me come right out and admit I hate Glocks with a passion, for purely subjective reasons mostly because of the trigger. It’s for this reason I dislike the P10c as well, so I went with the P07 for EDC.

All this being said, personal fanboi’ism aside, I do find days where it’s hot and I find myself saying “Nah, I’d rather leave it at home”, especially while wearing shorts, flops and T-shirt. In winter it conceals well but in summer, not so much. And I just can’t get AIWB to work for me and my boep. It’s for this very reason that I’m reconsidering my holy non-Glock beliefs and giving serious consideration to the G43 for EDC. As many have said here, much to my chagrin, an EDC is a tool and subjectivity should not feature in your decision making process when it comes to EDC. So don’t make the mistake many of us make when buying our first EDC pistol. I still hate Glocks, very very much, but it doesn’t mean I have to like the best tool for the job, which in this case is a G43 where ‘comfort’ and conceal ability is concerned.

Banned

I'm a huge glock fan and shot the 43 and hate it. Way too small. Yeah great to conceal but that's it. I'd go for a G19 and a good holster like a Daniel's aiwb with a claw. You'll be surprised how you can conceal a G19 with a proper holster.

Between those 2. The 43 has got a small grip and is thin. So its brilliant for concealed carry even when in formal office wear.
    Where your work shirt is tucked in and you can always wear a jacket or pullover over shirt.
    Ive been looking at it for this reason.

However as a shooter I would take the P07 over it.
    You will love shooting the P07 more on range over the smaller gripped 43.

I would get the P07 first.

Either way. Get any of the two on Sec13 if you dont shoot yet.
    Then join NHSA. In the next couple of months get DSS. And your next application go S16.

User

Get the Glock 19 now, 43 later. Sticking with one brand has its advantages.

The 19 can be carried easily for most body types - and will be a good sport shooting gun too.

Unless you have a good reason to get the P07 of course.

Thank for all of the replies! I think that I’ll have to ponder on this one a bit more. I do mostly wear t shirts and shorts so that definitely favors a G43 and the work environment with a tucked in collared shirt is also another factor.

With all of this said, I still really like the P07 and the way it shoots and I think it could bring me more joy at club shoots or at the range and ultimately get me shooting and practicing more. I’ll also definitely have to practice carrying everyday with the P07 but I’m sure this is easier said than done...

I think I’m going to have to shoot them both again. But at least one day, after a long time of waiting, I’ll hopefully own both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    Either way. Get any of the two on Sec13 if you dont shoot yet.
    Then join NHSA. In the next couple of months get DSS. And your next application go S16.
    Would you say S16 over S15? Is it basically the same procedure and then at least gives me the option for buying more firearms?

Quote Originally Posted by SlimA View Post
    Would you say S16 over S15? Is it basically the same procedure and then at least gives me the option for buying more firearms?
    Personally I would not worry about S15.
    If you join at least NHSA. You can get Dedicated status very easy. By writing online test and doing shooting they request.

Then you pay the yearly membership fee. And make sure you send in any targets online that you shoot during the year. So to maintain Status. Which is incredibly easy to maintain.

With S16 or at least obtaining Dedicated status. Your allowed to have more then the 200 limit ammunition per firearm you will have on S13 and S15.

You will also find it alot easier to apply for more firearms in future. As long as you maintain Dedicated status. Which is very easy if your with NHSA and easy to do through their website.

Take picture of you target. Or training youve done. Upload onto site. And done.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast