Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Glock 43 or CZ P07

Quote Originally Posted by BEX View Post
    I was set on buying a G19 untill I shot with a P07, now I am going for the P07 on S16 license.
    What about the PO7’s shooting convinced you?

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Nambu uber alles
    I luffs you. Have my children!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Vega5 View Post
    What about the PO7’s shooting convinced you?
    3 things that was important for me, and please take into account this is my first handgun so my expereince is very limited.
    1. I shot it more accurately, it is possibly because the sights work much beter for me, but it hit where I aimed and i could align the sights much easier than with the glock. also nice tight groups.
    2. The grip felt beter in my hand, the glock grip is thick, the CZ was easier to get a good grip on.
    3. For 30 years it was drilled in to clear the chamber if you are not going to take a shot (hunting rifles) and it had me a bit jittery about carrying the striker fire pistol "one up. I like the fact that I can decock the p07 and I am more likely to cary "one up" in the cz. Even though I understand that in the correct holster they should be equaly safe.

The muzzle flip on the P07 felt the same as the G19 to my untrained hands and I could fire more quickly with them than any of the other compact pistols except the M&P 2.0. I just didnt like the rest of the M&P as much.

Great pistol and a very good choice. As good as any and better than most. And its pretty if that matters.

User

Hunting rifles are mechanically very different to striker fired pistols.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Hunting rifles are mechanically very different to striker fired pistols.
    Not according to the Oom at the gunshop.

User

meh I've always said glock is a great gun

does it live up to the godly status its owners bestow upon it? no.

if it did owners wouldnt spend money out the box on items to make the trigger bareable
    extended slide locks etc etc etc

it does what a gun should do an does it well
    but then again so does a p07, albeit with a better trigger, out the box

it really comes down to brand preference an for first time buyers what the dealer has in stock and push.

either choice you make they will both serve you well

User

To add my opinion here.
    As a first time buyer, I went to the GS with my mind set on a P07, this after seeing it for the first time at another GS.
    Anyway, went in to purchase, held it and started playing around, and firstly, it was uncomfy AF, and secondly, I for some odd reason could not get a proper grip to rack the slide. Moved on to play with a Glock, and found no issue here for me.

In saying this, at the same time, my brother in law, who was also ready to purchase a FA, felt more comfortable with the P07 than he did with the Glock.

In the end, preferences may differ, so if you are ready to purchase, go in, test a variety and decide on the one you were most comfy with. Don't let anybody's opinion matter, they're not there when you need it.

User

What I would suggest is go to a gunshop/range that let's you rent firearms (like dave sheer, tactical 22, flora guns ect.) And shoot a p07, g19 and g43. I have done this and the p07 was the best of the 3 for me. Don't know why I dont like glock, they are great guns I just dont like them, but I would buy a g43 one day. I wound up buying a cz75 pre B and don't regret it for a second. I don't mind carrying a big gun, but some people do, as many others have said rather buy the g43 if you think you will leave another firearm at home due to its size.

If you go and rent a few firearms, give some sigs/beretta/rugers a go as well. They may be less supported in SA and may have less aftermarket accessories but it can't hurt to give them a test.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Elmar View Post
    What I would suggest is go to a gunshop/range that let's you rent firearms (like dave sheer, tactical 22, flora guns ect.) And shoot a p07, g19 and g43. I have done this and the p07 was the best of the 3 for me. Don't know why I dont like glock, they are great guns I just dont like them, but I would buy a g43 one day. I wound up buying a cz75 pre B and don't regret it for a second. I don't mind carrying a big gun, but some people do, as many others have said rather buy the g43 if you think you will leave another firearm at home due to its size.

If you go and rent a few firearms, give some sigs/beretta/rugers a go as well. They may be less supported in SA and may have less aftermarket accessories but it can't hurt to give them a test.

Terrible advice for inexperienced users.

Also a P07 and a G43 are completely different guns

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast