Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Rangefinder suggestions

I have a Leupold RX-1000i TBR for 5 years now. It works like a charm and never failed on me. And on top of that its still using the original battery.

You cannot go wrong with Leupold. Good value for money and they are tough as nails.

User

Quote Originally Posted by johanvb View Post
    Thats a nice RF....you dont know off hand if Leica would carry its warranty to a 2nd owner. Although I assume it had a 2 year warranty period which may have run its course already.

User

Quote Originally Posted by TStone View Post
    Get that second hand Leica, or one like it. I've been through the whole exercise. There are few things as frustrating as trying to range an animal and your rangefinder refuse to give a reading. And there is not always a bush or large rock close to your quarry.
    That's the truth right there....I have a bushnell which over time seems to have degraded to the point that I need bush behind a large rock behind a lucerne shed for me to get a decent reading on.

My uncle also bought a Leupold. But gonna lie about model now early this year. Has windage in as well. Not sure if he uses that feature.
    But his previous Bushnell was a nightmare.
    He struggled like crazy to get reading in field.While my Hawke 900 had no issues even with varying light.
    Up to +-120m I even range feral pigeons when we go sort them out on farms with air rifles.

But if you have more cash. Then cry once and go for Leica or Leupold. They might have one or two extra functions and might be more compact.

User

Leica 1600

I use mine for hunting and golf and wouldn’t use anything else

User

Leica. Just pay the price whether it's new or secondhand.

Any model Leica will do. I have a 1600 that I bought new but have also seen & used old, bulky Leica 1st generation models that work better than up-to-date models from other manufacturers. Based on personal experience I'd sooner buy a 10 year old second hand Leica than a brand new one from another manufacturer. Just my personal opinion based on my (perhaps limited) experience.

While accuracy of measurement and how quickly it gives an answer are obviously major factors, the device also needs to be simple to operate. When that bok presents a shot at xxx metres, you already have enough bokkoors that you don't want to have to think, adjust & fiddle to get the correct setting and reading. For me, the Leicas that I used and/or tested were just more intuitive to operate than the others.

User

You can possibly get a brand new Leica 1600B for R6k. It is an older model now and prices have dropped significantly since I bought mine a few years ago. There may be others that are worthwhile, but for your stated purpose the 1600B would be hard to beat. Even if you can get a used one, you should take it quickly.

User

User

Leica. Very fast reading on range and Actual Horizontal Range. Long battery life

User

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast