Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodlum View Post
    Out the Box KZ...Out the Box!!! Well Done!!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    Ive bought one of those Yellow coolers at S &O to cool barrel.And then some USB fans at China Town for R50 to R60.They blow on outside. And are compact. Even have their own recharge batteries in. That last about 10min at full.Run them off a normal battery Pack for Cellphones.
    Please share photos of the USB fans Shooty

User

Default Re: DIY Barrel Cooler.

Very nicely done.

My low tech approach is to have a 5 litre bottle of water and an old towel that I make damp and put over the barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by killzone View Post
    Please share photos of the USB fans Shooty
    This one from Goldair is also sold at Builders.
    https://www.takealot.com/goldair-15c...k/PLID40883672
    Only got 1 setting but moves alot of air.

I have 2 of these I take with. They last on full power about 10-15min. But they blow very strong.
    This one although Takealot is R139. Chinatown in Cape Town have got them for R50 to R60 depending in which shop you walk in.
    https://www.takealot.com/marco-recha...k/PLID42074556

Both the of these you just use any Powerbank. And plug them in and they will go.

The barrelcooler from S&O. Which name no slips me. If you go on USA website.
    They have 2 computer fans they use on both sides of rifle also running from small Powerbank.
    Actually where I got idea for USB fans.

As these Chinese shops all have same stuff but prices vary.

Thanks Graham.

An honest question, is the damp towel not too 'Sudden' if you see where I'm going with this ?

Thanks Shooty, we don"t have a Builder's WH in Ermelo, but I'll stop by our new "Whish" store and ask If they have. The more cooling the better I guess .

On Youtube if you google barrel cooling. There is actually guys tilting rifle slightly forward. And running cool water not cold. Through barrel from chamber out front. Apparently is dry afterwards due to heat.

Personally will not go this route.

User

Quote Originally Posted by killzone View Post
    Thanks Graham.

An honest question, is the damp towel not too 'Sudden' if you see where I'm going with this ?
    It's a fair point. I use a damp towel with water that is at room temp, not cold water. I don't soak the towel. I haven't thought too much about it as my take is the temp increases at a more rapid rate from the expanding gases than the damp towel lowers it.

Makes sense. Thanks guys !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2