User

Default Need some advice from a collector

Hi All

I have some of my dad's old chest webbing along with 6 mags (FN \ R1).

If I recall correctly the old man said that the webbing was made specially for the guys from 3Bn Para in Durban by some supplier there. I could of course be wrong but I seem to recall something along those lines.

My question is, is this worth anything? Is there someone knowledgeable on the site that could give some advise on the subject?

Happy to share pics with any serious collector who wants to have a look and can put you in touch with the old man who could potentially also shed some light.

Thanks!

User

Default Re: Need some advice from a collector

I would suggest posting a few pics here.

User

Post pics here. There are plenty of knowledgeable people on the forum & then there are others like me that are always keen to see and learn.

There are also a couple of Facebook groups of guys that collect & trade all sorts of old SADF paraphenalia. Plenty of collective knowledge there too.

It's unlikely to be worth a lot of money, but it could be quite important & precious to someone that collects that sort of thing.

I've also got several bits & pieces and have decided that it is better to get this sort of stuff into the hands of someone that truly appreciates it even if I don't get anything for it because if something happens to me, my wife will see it as junk & just throw it all away and it will be lost forever.

User

Thanks for the feedback gents. Ill post pics as soon as i figure out how I have to do a bit of research on the how to get started thread. Hope to have pics up by tomorrow evening.

User

User

20181101_162554.jpg

Hi All

Hope this post works. Here is a pic of the chest webbing. Sorry for the late reply. I was called away for work.