Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    User

Quote Originally Posted by Elmar View Post
    If I were you I would get the 375 and keep your current guns.
    This is downright blasphemous. How could you say that? If I keep the guns I cannot get another. No my friend, too much sensibility here. Next you're going to tell me I should leave the 375 and get a silencer? Come on Elmar.

Ok jokes aside. Thats probably the best advice anyone's given me. I made a few phonecalls regarding a new synthetic stock for the old Lee Enfield. Has anyone got any experience with them? I'm not referring to the Boyds or other upmarket stocks. I'm referring to the ones you get at around R3k in Monte Carlo stock configuration.

Can you comment on the need to glass bed the rifle in the new stock? Is it necessary or is it just as goid as simply doing a swop over of stocks?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Will View Post
    This is downright blasphemous. How could you say that? If I keep the guns I cannot get another. No my friend, too much sensibility here. Next you're going to tell me I should leave the 375 and get a silencer? Come on Elmar.

Ok jokes aside. Thats probably the best advice anyone's given me. I made a few phonecalls regarding a new synthetic stock for the old Lee Enfield. Has anyone got any experience with them? I'm not referring to the Boyds or other upmarket stocks. I'm referring to the ones you get at around R3k in Monte Carlo stock configuration.

Can you comment on the need to glass bed the rifle in the new stock? Is it necessary or is it just as goid as simply doing a swop over of stocks?
    Ask yourself, how good is good enough?

For me, bedding a stock has always proven worthwhile.

Default Re: Time for a new rifle: 375 and 308

On a different caliber note. Just ordered a Sako in 222rem.

I own CZ's. They are built as work horses.
    And not to much go into refining by CZ into their rifles or handguns.

I wanted a CZ. And then thought this 222 will be a stepping stone for my daughter to my 308 later. So wanted a well built smooth rifle that can kinda be handed down.
    Although kinda alot more pricey.

User

Careful with the Monte Carlo. It amplifies recoil because of the drop at heel (significantly increased muzzle flip). I changed my 243Win from a Monte Carlo to a straight stock (mainly for better eye alignment with scope) and couldn't believe the difference in recoil (and this is on a light recoiling caliber).

User

Quote Originally Posted by Maroelas View Post
    Careful with the Monte Carlo. It amplifies recoil because of the drop at heel (significantly increased muzzle flip). I changed my 243Win from a Monte Carlo to a straight stock (mainly for better eye alignment with scope) and couldn't believe the difference in recoil (and this is on a light recoiling caliber).

What did you put on as a replacement?

User

Guys, what happens when you shoot a Kudu at 80m with a 165gr 300Win Mag from a 20" barrel?

User

It falls over if you hit it in the right place.
    It will also fall over if you hit it with a 223,243,6.5,7mm,30 cal ect ect.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    What did you put on as a replacement?
    A Boyd's Classic in Pepper Laminate.

Now considering a gunwarrior chassis.

Banned

Guys, what happens when you shoot a Kudu at 80m with a 165gr 300Win Mag from a 20" barrel?
    Depends on where you hit it

Are you wearing hearing protection?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast