User

Default Flying with rifle stock

Hi All
    I have a friend in the US and his folks will be visiting him in Dec. I would like him to order me a Bell and Carlson stock for his parents to bring back for me. Is it legal for them to fly with it and will there be any hassles on the SA side other than paying the duties?
    Regards
    Wesley

Default Re: Flying with rifle stock

If I were you. Send Brownells an email. Ask them if you need ITAR if you buy stock from them.

Brownells currently seems to go for if any firearm part or accessory is above $100 it needs ITAR.

If it requires ITAR permit. I would be pretty sure guys at airport might ask for this before they get on plane.

I might be completely off. But I would rather play it safe. As the USA is very strict currently on these things.

In fact I had to order my MDT stock from their Canadian division. As MDT US said they may not ship stocks/Chasis out.

User

Quote Originally Posted by wesley white View Post
    Hi All
    I have a friend in the US and his folks will be visiting him in Dec. I would like him to order me a Bell and Carlson stock for his parents to bring back for me. Is it legal for them to fly with it and will there be any hassles on the SA side other than paying the duties?
    Regards
    Wesley
    Buy local and keep your friend's folks out of possible trouble with US authorities or apply for an export permit in the USA and pay the approximate US$250.00 export permit fee.

User

I would advise against it

User

Thanks for the advise. I did just that and cancelled it.

Quote Originally Posted by pdh View Post
    I would advise against it