Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Pros and cons of slide lightening

Quote Originally Posted by mozee View Post
    +1 to this. That said I’ve got about 90k through my open gun and that slide is really light. Would I do it again? hell yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You are on the short list of people who can take full advantage of those mods.

Chuck Taylor in the States torture tested a G17 early generation model to over 1 million rounds and it was still running

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Slide lightening does give less perceived recoil and muzzle flip. It comes at the cost of reliability and durability.

The vast majority of shooters won’t come close to being able to gain any advantage from it. And the ones who can probably don’t need it.

That said. If I were to build a 9mm Standard gun, I would cut the shit out of that slide.
    What about a 9mm Classic Gun?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Andre in Alberton View Post
    Chuck Taylor in the States torture tested a G17 early generation model to over 1 million rounds and it was still running

Its in my interest to be pro Glock. But no he didn't. he may have claimed to, but he didn't

User

Quote Originally Posted by Stevin View Post
    What about a 9mm Classic Gun?
    Read the rule book:)

User

Read the rule book:)
    Let me rather rephrase, would it be worth it to Tri Top a gun (other than for looks which is 99% why I would consider it, don't burn me at the stake).

I gather Hi Power Cuts, and Ball cuts are also a no no?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Stevin View Post
    Let me rather rephrase, would it be worth it to Tri Top a gun (other than for looks which is 99% why I would consider it, don't burn me at the stake).

I gather Hi Power Cuts, and Ball cuts are also a no no?
    It looks cool and make a small difference, can't necessarily say it would be worth it, especially considering what a gunsmith will charge you to do it on a Norinco, but it would make a differnce, though a prettyy slight one.

As I recall I don't think any of 1911's guns are tri topped and he is the Classic guy to beat in SA

User

It looks cool and make a small difference, can't necessarily say it would be worth it, especially considering what a gunsmith will charge you to do it on a Norinco, but it would make a differnce, though a prettyy slight one.

As I recall I don't think any of 1911's guns are tri topped and he is the Classic guy to beat in SA
    Thanks, lets be honest it wasn't worth it to fit a Dawson Magwell, VZ Grips, Koening Hammer, and EGW Ignition Parts either on a Norinco, but here I am

The gun is going in early next year to get the slide cut for Bomar Rear, and STI front sight cut. So I figured if it's going in and is going to beed a refinish, why not? Then again that work will probably cost around 2k just for the tri top... probably better spent on more mags, or trigger time on the gun... mostly the last one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2