User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Default Courtney Boot Co

For more than 10yrs I have owned and worn Courtney foot ware, from vellies to boots. I have used them for casual town ware to hunting in the bush veld and have found them to be tough and comfortable.

Just over 2 yrs back I bought myself a pair of their Patrol Boots to replace my now rather worn out 15yr old Safari Boots. I broke them in and had them on my feet most days of the week. Around mid year the stitching came loose over the toe cap of one of the boots. I contact the Courtney Boot Co HQ in Zim to find out if there was anyone locally who could do the repair. I was told no, and was asked to ship them off to them for the repair. I was warned it would take some time but they would have to do it.

Anyway, long story short, they had to remove the leather from the sole, repair & restitch to a new sole, all I had to pay was the postage each way. So basically I got a brand new set of boots, with nice soft worn in leather, all at no cost. They also sent a set of laces for my vellies - gratis. Now if ever there is no BS after sale service this is it.

I have said it before on the forum and will say it again. If you are looking for top quality shoes or boots get a pair of Courtney’s. The boots, and customer service, rock.

Default Re: Courtney Boot Co

Quote Originally Posted by CorditeCrazy View Post
    For more than 10yrs I have owned and worn Courtney foot ware, from vellies to boots. I have used them for casual town ware to hunting in the bush veld and have found them to be tough and comfortable.

Just over 2 yrs back I bought myself a pair of their Patrol Boots to replace my now rather worn out 15yr old Safari Boots. I broke them in and had them on my feet most days of the week. Around mid year the stitching came loose over the toe cap of one of the boots. I contact the Courtney Boot Co HQ in Zim to find out if there was anyone locally who could do the repair. I was told no, and was asked to ship them off to them for the repair. I was warned it would take some time but they would have to do it.

Anyway, long story short, they had to remove the leather from the sole, repair & restitch to a new sole, all I had to pay was the postage each way. So basically I got a brand new set of boots, with nice soft worn in leather, all at no cost. They also sent a set of laces for my vellies - gratis. Now if ever there is no BS after sale service this is it.

I have said it before on the forum and will say it again. If you are looking for top quality shoes or boots get a pair of Courtney’s. The boots, and customer service, rock.
    I have had a very similar yet gratifying experience from the guys over in Zimbabwe.

The difference is that The Courtney Boot Company practise what they preach and really mean what and when they say it unlike many of our retail shops/chains in this country that unfortunately keep preaching and never practise what they say and often are "mean" when saying no!!!

User

Yup. Nothing like old school, word is your bond, kind of stuff.
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

User

Courtneys are VERY Durable, VERY well Made, VERY strong boots. I'm on my second pair!!!

However..

I've had flat soft rubber soles fitted for hunting purposes to my mid length boots to keep me quiet in the bush. This also helped a lot with comfort...

Early mornings in the bushveld does however generate a lot of extra dampness in the boot and socks using average quality gaiters.

Later on in the morning the heat of the day builds up in the shoe making my feet too warm and the dampness softens my my feet to much, causing one to feel the rough terrain in your feet and that slows you down.. Ones feet does take longer to recover then...
    I naturally generate a lot of heat in my feet and have to content with overly sweattiness of my feet.

Ive gone for a very good synthetic boot now in those circumstances and must say I can walk further, faster and my feet recover a lot quicker!!!
    But, these boots wont last as long as my Courtneys!!!!

User

Courtney’s are best worn with no socks.
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.