User

Default Question RE license application submission

This might be a very silly question, but I need to know.

Is is necessary to bind the motivation and license app forms in any way, or can you just submit the whole pack?

I am handing in my first applications tomorrow (303 & 12GA) and don't want any surprises...

Any info will be appreciated.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: Question RE license application submission

My dfo takes out any staples or bindings you might have put in. So I would check with your dfo what they want.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

My DFO doesn’t like people binding or stapling, he generally takes any stapels out and reorders the documents in his fashion, then staples everything including photos and receipt in one big bunch.

So I submit just loose pages.

This however might vary from DFO to DFO. Maybe post which station you’re submitting at, for more specific feedback?

User

Same with my DFO don't bother binding or stapling, she even told me don't staple or bind documents when I called.

They'll just unravel everything...

Banned

I just left all of them loose, my DFO ordered it in his own fashion

User

Will be handing in at krugersdorp station

Thanks for all the feedback so far,

Antonie remember who you are dealing with, it's inevitable to get surprises. Be prepared for anything. I will hold thumbs it's only nice surprises for you.

User

Quote Originally Posted by William.kriel View Post
    Antonie remember who you are dealing with, it's inevitable to get surprises. Be prepared for anything. I will hold thumbs it's only nice surprises for you.
    Haha! Thanks William, luckily I always keep that in mind when dealing with anything where the gov is involved! So always pack my suitcase with patience.

User

So went to the station this morning, as you guys mentioned, binding the app would have been a complete waste of time. DFO removed all papers indicating appendices which are referred to in motivation, rearranged all docs in the order he wanted (seems that they have some kind of standard, because both apps was taken apart and rearranged the same order). He made sense of all the papers and knew where he put what he wanted next.

I was lucky in the sense that before I even entered his office, we met in the hall and he sommer directed me to the office to print a 10.5 form (info sheet for each firearm from the system) which needed to be attached, then finance office for payment. So by the time I entered his office we could get straight to business.

Some useful advice, certify all necessary docs before hand, the DFO can do this, but he was very grateful that this has already been done. I assume it can be tedious to stamp and complete the details for certification if you have to do it 100 times over each day.

Also, he required 2 certified copies of my ID, where I thought 1 is sufficient. Had a few copies extra, so no problems there.

Otherwise no issues, and sat around talking nonsense while he checked all docs. We even discussed how to prepare Guinea Fowl when he saw the hunting photos.

Thanks for everyone's input!