Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Stupid things in action movies

A History Channel documentary on WW1 had all the wrong weapons handed out, Germans charging with Lee Enfields, British using Mausers, Almost all the weapons were incorrectly allocated, and then the actors couldn't even pretend fire properly.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Zoo Keeper View Post
    A History Channel documentary on WW1 had all the wrong weapons handed out, Germans charging with Lee Enfields, British using Mausers, Almost all the weapons were incorrectly allocated, and then the actors couldn't even pretend fire properly.
    History Channel isn't for history man, It's for looneys telling you how ancient aliens built the pyramids ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Vuurdoop View Post
    History Channel isn't for history man, It's for looneys telling you how ancient aliens built the pyramids ;)
    Yip, I actually watched an episode the other day for pure entertainment.

It would be hilarious if they're actually correct though!!

Banned

The freakyist thing for me is when the good guy runs out of bullets, but kills the bad guy with he's last shot...then fails to pick up the guys gun he's just killed...and chases after more bad guys with no gun....if its was me I wouldn't be able to move with all the guns I would pick up

User

Quote Originally Posted by M80BHP View Post
    The freakyist thing for me is when the good guy runs out of bullets, but kills the bad guy with he's last shot...then fails to pick up the guys gun he's just killed...and chases after more bad guys with no gun....if its was me I wouldn't be able to move with all the guns I would pick up
    This. I would probably keep comparing the gun in my hands to the guns on the floor to find the one with the nicest sights, best condition, crispiest trigger, etc. and then I'll sit flat on my ass, pull all the magazines from all the guns matching mine and load them up with ammo before continuing.

I think it would make for a very boring movie, but it would be fun!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    This. I would probably keep comparing the gun in my hands to the guns on the floor to find the one with the nicest sights, best condition, crispiest trigger, etc. and then I'll sit flat on my ass, pull all the magazines from all the guns matching mine and load them up with ammo before continuing.

I think it would make for a very boring movie, but it would be fun!
    ROFL

User

How about when someone squeezes the trigger, but conveniently there's no ammo left and the slide failed to lock after the last round was fired?

User

Quote Originally Posted by sneakynutter View Post
    How about when someone squeezes the trigger, but conveniently there's no ammo left and the slide failed to lock after the last round was fired?
    Crappy reloads!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3