Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Stupid things in action movies

We all love good action movies even if they sometimes stretch make-believe. We have a whole thread with great recommendations. Let's do the opposite: things that annoy you in action movies beyond the never-ending ammo trope.

From my side:

1. Bad marksmanship from the baddies. Some recent examples include Triple 9 or even the great Hell & High Water where people shooting full-auto guns manage to miss everybody. Worse if the hero just happens to be the greatest marksman alive.

2. Bad strategies from the police. The worst in my opinion is the set-piece at the end of Den of Thieves, an otherwise passable thriller. The police and the baddies are caught in a traffic jam and the cops decide to make a move. Mind you there are about 30 cars in-between them full of people when they charge the well armed and ruthless robbers. The risk of killing bystanders would IMO be way to high, besides the cops could've just waited. On top of that the baddies pull-out a SAW and start shredding the cars. Guess they wanted to show-off the SAW.

3. No collateral damage. Surprising that even in well-made movies that collateral damage is generally not there. People can have a full blown-out OK corral and no bystander gets hurt. An example could be the posse chase in Hell & High Water where the bad brother pulls out an assault rifle and starts shooting the posse. This is a beautiful scene, the handling and recharging is spot on but he shoots a group of cars and hits every vehicle and window but the people were save.

Bring it on.

User

Default Re: Stupid things in action movies

Dude it's evident that you haven't watched a Bollywood gunfight, so for your viewing pleasure...

User

I did have a laugh at that clip Glockster... If in doubt, just duck and all will be well...

User

All the episodes of The A Team. They shoot tons of ammo out of their Mini14"s but never hit anybody. Lonewolf McQuade, shoots in full auto all the enemy standing on a dirt berm, but the bullets makes puffs in the dirt but the guy above the puff, falls over and expire.

User

Yeah, it's getting to a point where I stopped watching certain things on TV for the reasons as mentioned above. Strike Force is one of them. I just can't handle it anymore where they are highly trained soldiers going into battle and the hammer of the pistols still in the forward position, all they shoot without any recoil I never hit anything.

User

Car windows that implode from bullets, but the guy in the car isn't hit!

User

car doors that stop bullets

User

Quote Originally Posted by singh17 View Post
    car doors that stop bullets
    On that note, I see a lot of people being shot point-blank with all kinds of different guns, and the bullets always stop ~3cm into the abdomen. Even with an expanding hollow point from a pistol, a belly shot in a skinny guy is going straight through - even if it hits ribs.

I saw in Arrow the other day (I like it, OK) a girl wearing kevlar being shot at range with a shotgun - and it's obvious it's fine shot. She takes the vast majority of the load in the chest (man that sounds dirty) but a few stray pellets hit her in the thigh. According to her doctor, she's "lucky to be alive" and she has a "shattered pelvis" that will "take years to recover".

And talking about Arrow - this dude has a bow that penetrates concrete walls with custom arrows - but they always stop halfway through a victim's hand?

User

Worst is when the supposed good guys kill with one shot but when one of them get shot it takes 8 shots to the body, case in point Mile 22.

User

That is hilarious! Who the fuk watches shit like that?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast