Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default Swopping my 12g for a BUG

Howsit gents

i have a 12gauge dashprod pump, went through the lengths of getting the walnut stock from turkey to replace the tacticool polymer

anyways the idea was to hunt pigs, this never happened, i maybe shoot this thing twice a year

So i will be looking at a trade with my local dealer for a little .38 to carry as a BUG when we work in bad area (alongside cz p07 duty and 3 mags)

question is, in the used rollie market, what would be a preferable brand?

User

Default Re: Swopping my 12g for a BUG

Why a revolver? I know it's a BUG, but still, wouldn't you feel better with something like a Glock 43? More ammo, familiar platform, you can carry spare mags and it's flatter (easier to conceal) than a revolver.

User

In used 38 snubbie market, Smith & Wesson only. Some of the older manufactured Rossi (pre Taurus) are OK. There are also some Colts, manufactured after introduction of barrel underlug, that are very nice.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Piet vWdVries View Post
    In used 38 snubbie market, Smith & Wesson only. Some of the older manufactured Rossi (pre Taurus) are OK. There are also some Colts, manufactured after introduction of barrel underlug, that are very nice.
    Aren't the Taurus 85s also okish?

They seem to be popular in the US but that is probably just price related.

User

If you are interested, My wife is looking a a good 12g Pump for DMG shoots. She also owns a 5 shot Rossi 2" snubnose in neer perfect condition. We also have about three (will verify) HKS speedloaders for the rossi as well. Rossi is about 20 years old and fired about 150 rounds total. Can send detailed photo's if you want. She hates the Rossi with a passion and has never fired a single round with it herself.

Are you willing to trade?

User

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCottonFluff View Post

They rate a 5 on the Piet Scale :)

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCottonFluff View Post

Cannot speak for current production but older ones were pretty solid. Not Smith refined but they held up well.i speak from personal experience.

User

The Taurus 85's are OK if you find a mint condition one that wasn't shot much.
    But at the prices they go for that I've seen lately (Starting at R2500-00 for a good condition one) IMO it is not worth it. If you can find a bargain, then it will be worth it I suppose. (I saw a very good condition one that went for R800-00 not too long ago but it sold very quick)

I would recommend a G42, G43 or M&P Shield. With the hassles of licensing in SA it is worth paying more from the get go instead of buying cheap and not being happy with the weapon.

User

With all the shit happening with licensing and the mission it is to go through the process I would advise you keep the shotgun.

5 shot revolvers are usually in the R1-2k price range and I picked up my S&W 36 (albeit a while back) for R1500. There are lots of 5 shot safe queens out there that you could get for a decent price

I would rather save up the cash, which in the firearms world with ammo prices etc is not actually that much, and keep the shotgun.

Even selling a few AK/pistol mags would pay for the purchase of the snubbie. You wont be shooting it that much so ammo cost wont be much and you just need a speed strip or two with a decent holster

While the snubbie is not the best choice for a decent SD gun, IMHO it makes a good backup gun when carrying normal SD

User

pdh is on the money.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast