Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: 2 Apps refused, but Happy Birthday from Col Simelani.. BUT

Quote Originally Posted by JhbBoy View Post
    Out of interest, what was their reason for your refusal?
    You failed to convince the registrar that there is a reason for this particular firearm... Same reason for buth. But they did approve my 5th 12G!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

User

Dankie manne..

I met the Colonel once, about 6 years ago. I had an issue with an application that got lost and somehow got hold of his personal cellphone number (it's not in service anymore, before you ask).

So he phones me back about a week after I spoke to him and tells me that he can't find my application anywhere. I should return to my DFO and reapply, but make sure the application is not sent to CFR, and he would collect it from the DFO.

That Thursday I go back to the DFO, tell him the good news, he wasn't impressed but did the application anyway. On the Tuesday I go to the DFO to check up, and he informs me that the application is in the bag to be sent to CFR. I walk out of the office and phone the the Colonel (he wasn't a full colonel back then, if memory serves), he says this won't do, but he's at a station about 20km away doing an inspection and I should wait at my DFO. About an hour later he walks in, rains shit down on the dfo, makes him open the sealed mail bag and disappears with my app in hand.

Now this was after quite a wait when my app got lost initially, and during that period we were seeing 2 and 3 week turnaround time for approvals, so the app left my DFO on the Tuesday, and it was approved that Thursday. But my DFO probably wasn't impressed with this, and I ended up waiting 8 weeks for my card! In contrast I had another app that year, that from hand in at DFO (different station, same province) to card on hand took just over 21 days.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by luckoftheirishza View Post
    I met the Colonel once, about 6 years ago. I had an issue with an application that got lost and somehow got hold of his personal cellphone number (it's not in service anymore, before you ask).

So he phones me back about a week after I spoke to him and tells me that he can't find my application anywhere. I should return to my DFO and reapply, but make sure the application is not sent to CFR, and he would collect it from the DFO.

That Thursday I go back to the DFO, tell him the good news, he wasn't impressed but did the application anyway. On the Tuesday I go to the DFO to check up, and he informs me that the application is in the bag to be sent to CFR. I walk out of the office and phone the the Colonel (he wasn't a full colonel back then, if memory serves), he says this won't do, but he's at a station about 20km away doing an inspection and I should wait at my DFO. About an hour later he walks in, rains shit down on the dfo, makes him open the sealed mail bag and disappears with my app in hand.

Now this was after quite a wait when my app got lost initially, and during that period we were seeing 2 and 3 week turnaround time for approvals, so the app left my DFO on the Tuesday, and it was approved that Thursday. But my DFO probably wasn't impressed with this, and I ended up waiting 8 weeks for my card! In contrast I had another app that year, that from hand in at DFO (different station, same province) to card on hand took just over 21 days.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Sjoe.. I also had an interaction with Col vd Walt in almost the same fashion..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2