Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

Default Accuracy of Marksman air rifle pellets?

How does Marksman air rifle pellets compare to other brands when it comes to accuracy?

User

Default Re: Accuracy of Marksman air rifle pellets?

Individual air rifle preferences aside, I would say that with pellets you usually get what you pay for. Having said that, you are not very likely to gain much in accuracy over a Marksman by shooting expensive pellets in a cheap chinese gun.

User

Oooooo i shot many of those. Inconcistency is your real enemy with them, but for a young person they are probably not going to notice a difference under 10m, if they are to be used for 3p Airrifle type targets forget it you will be constinly re-zeroing chasing the pellets and will be and excercise in frustration or at least thats how i found them. Cheap though.

User

I use them to shoot doves that try to nest on my roof. For body shots they are good enough. You should also be able to hit a 5cm disc op to 15m with them.

Banned

I have a 1976 Gecado 36; it probably needs a new spring. It has taken some maynahs into the happy ever after and I have started training my son (5) with it but accuracy is not what I want. I get clover leafs at 5-7m but some flyers in between.

The rifle is in great condition except for the flyers.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    I have a 1976 Gecado 36
    Do you mean Gecado 35?

User

For 5 years old im sure they will be more than accurate enough.

User

A Gecado shouldn't do cloverleafs at 5-7 metres, it should do 1 hole. Cloverleafs are for 15m or more

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    How does Marksman air rifle pellets compare to other brands when it comes to accuracy?
    In view of the fact that you have a Gecado (good quality) air rifle, for the small difference in cost between Marksman & say, H&N for 500 pellets, I wouldn't buy Marksman even for a child learning to shoot. As an example, H&N Baracuda that I use in my Gecado 35 are around R200 for 500 and I'm guessing 500 Marksman would be around R100. That's a difference of R100 for 500 shots! It'll take quite a while to shoot out 500 pellets & at 20 cents per pellet difference I'd rather buy the H&N and take the question of pellet quality/consistency out of the equation.

If, on the other hand you have a box or 2 of Marksman already in your hands, you may as well shoot them out because it's pointless using them as paperweights.

User

Very long time ago, I used to buy the "expensive" Marksman pellets if I just got pocket money, otherwise I used Radius pellets. Even 40 years ago I found that Marksman was better than Radius but that was way before finding out there are such pellets like Accupel, Air-arms and even Gamo.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast