Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    User

Default Re: To apply or not over December for S13-License

Quote Originally Posted by Abdul Adam View Post
    That is great! Any idea on the date of the court case?
    I'm not sure, I just remember reading about it on the GS Facebook group, SAAADA were also looking at challenging the dealer stock issue whereby you can no longer submit the SAPS 350 a and b forms with your app but you rather have to wait for CFR to transfer the firearm onto the dealers name, amongst other issues.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Abdul Adam View Post
    This is just the card for your competency
    Picked up my Competency card today. Asked why its required and if there is a need to have it on you. DFO said ppl were not happy with a certificate and wanted a card instead, was also told that some police ask for just the license and others require both license and comp card to be presented on request if you carry. So i guess il be carrying both cards when i carry my firearm to avoid issues.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Glock19X View Post
    was also told that some police ask for just the license and others require both license and comp card to be presented on request if you carry. .
    Ridiculous. You cant get a license without it, so the license only is required.

Like for an ID , you need a birth certificate, but nowhere are you required to identify yourself with a birth certificate.

User

Quote Originally Posted by 414gates View Post
    Ridiculous. You cant get a license without it, so the license only is required.

Like for an ID , you need a birth certificate, but nowhere are you required to identify yourself with a birth certificate.
    I know its weird but thats what i was told and you can apply with for a license with a print out from the DFO confirming you are competent without having the actual competency card. Just thought id let everyone know that in some cases you need to have both cards on you

User

You never have to carry your comp. No requirement in the FCA for carrying anything other than your licence.

Sent from my SM-A300F using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5