Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    User

Default Re: To apply or not over December for S13-License

Cfr stops taking in apps from province after a certain point over Christmas, so if you get your app in before the deadline they generally move very quickly.

User

Quote Originally Posted by marcvbsa View Post
    Cfr stops taking in apps from province after a certain point over Christmas, so if you get your app in before the deadline they generally move very quickly.
    Will keep this in mind,thanks man..if it wasn't for my safe's issue it would have been long in

User

I sent my S13 application in end of October and followed up with CFR today. They told me it's been sent back to DFO but they cannot tell me why. Went to DFO and they have still not received it back so they don't know what's wrong either. I am fairly certain they (DFO) screwed something up as I went over that application multiple times to make sure every last bit of info is there and correct.

Anyway, on topic, I also heard from multiple people that end of year is better time to send in apps.

The problem I currently encountered twice was that my motivations together with a professional paid for motivation was ripped apart by the DFO and that which was considered irrelevant was handed back to me which resulted in some important documents being rendered nil and void such as pictures of my safe, hunting letters of permission from farmers, even a copy of my Competency Certificate was ignored as the argument was that I already have several guns and it will show up on the SAPS system if required by the SAP.
    Needless to say the matter was immediately reported to my Attorney which currently does not count for much unfortunately until my application is either approved or declined.
    Lets see what happens now.

User

I submitted my application on the 30th of November, received an sms on the 3rd to say the DFO is working on it. i hope my application is one of those they process quickly...this entire process takes a long time already id hate it if there was a further delay.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Leunis View Post
    I sent my S13 application in end of October and followed up with CFR today. They told me it's been sent back to DFO but they cannot tell me why. Went to DFO and they have still not received it back so they don't know what's wrong either. I am fairly certain they (DFO) screwed something up as I went over that application multiple times to make sure every last bit of info is there and correct.

Anyway, on topic, I also heard from multiple people that end of year is better time to send in apps.
    Same happened to me. App was sent back on the 2nd November and still has not been received by my DFO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    The problem I currently encountered twice was that my motivations together with a professional paid for motivation was ripped apart by the DFO and that which was considered irrelevant was handed back to me which resulted in some important documents being rendered nil and void such as pictures of my safe, hunting letters of permission from farmers, even a copy of my Competency Certificate was ignored as the argument was that I already have several guns and it will show up on the SAPS system if required by the SAP.
    Needless to say the matter was immediately reported to my Attorney which currently does not count for much unfortunately until my application is either approved or declined.
    Lets see what happens now.
    The DFO did this to my pack of documents as well. I added everything that was indicated to be necessary and placed everything in a particular order. The order was changed and said to me that it must be in a certain way plus some documents were removed which were apparently irrevelant for the license application.

I suspect some feedback this month but will be calling the CFR this week just to see if they have my pack at least. Submitted at DFO at the end of October.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

User

Have an appointment for tomorrow 8am at Wierdabrug SAPS, they weren't taking in new applications since 24th, only renewals that were expiring in 90 days.. (yes, their own rules..*shrug*)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pblaauw View Post
    Have an appointment for tomorrow 8am at Wierdabrug SAPS, they weren't taking in new applications since 24th, only renewals that were expiring in 90 days.. (yes, their own rules..*shrug*)
    That's foolishness

User

I applied for my licence late November 2018, but i received a message telling me to contact my local DFO for my Competency card/document on the 3rd January...I'm a little confused now as i already sent my application for the licence in November with my approved Competency??? is this just a system generated sms? when i saw the message come through i thought it was approval for License...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast