COMPETENCIES POSTER.jpg

PROFICIENCY FOR COMPETENCY!

Hi there all,

I will be running competencies throughout December – only closed from 24th of December to the 3rd of January when the range is actually closed.

If interested please contact me on 011 888 4037 or lynette@tacshac.co.za

Competency / Proficiency Training:

To own a firearm in South Africa, you need to be found Competent. Competency is granted by SAPS. In order to apply for competency you are required to undergo Proficiency training with a Training Service Provider who is accredited by SAPS and registered with the Professional Firearm Trainers Council (PFTC). Tac SHAC is an accredited and registered Training Service Provider.

It is important to know the laws around owning and using a firearm as well as your rights in terms of the Firearms Control Act. Therefore, your first proficiency/competency, “Knowledge of the Firearms Control Act” (Legal) sits at the basis of all later competencies that you do.

Includes the following:

Legal Test - Unit Standard 117705

Handle and Use of Handgun - Basic - Unit Standard 119649

Handle and Use a Self Loading Rifle or Carbine - Basic - Unit Standard 119650

Handle and Use of Shotgun - Basic - Unit Standard 119652

Handle and Use of Manually Operated Rifle or Carbine - Unit Standard 119651

Handle and Use a Handgun for business Purposes - Unit Standard 123515

Handle and Use a Shotgun for Business Purposes - Unit Standard 123514

Handle and Use a Self-loading Rifle or Carbine for Business Purposes - Unit Standard 123511

Handle and Use a Manually Operated Rifle or Carbine for Business Purposes - Unit Standard 123519

PRICES FOR COMPETENCY TRAINING PER INDIVIDUAL (BASIC AND BUSINESS):

• Legal Test @ R 500.00

• 1 Competency @ R 1000.00

• 2 Competencies @ 1600.00

• 3 Competencies @ R 2000.00

• 4 Competencies @ R 2400.00

• 5 Competencies @ 3000.00

• 8 Competencies + Legal @ R 5000.00

ADDITIONAL COST TO TAKE CONSIDERATION:

• Gun Rental @ R 80.00 (invoiced up front)

• Whatever ammunition is used (usually nominal)

• Courier cost if necessary for certificates or manuals.

COMPETENCY/PROFICIENCY PROCESS:

• When you are ready you let me know and I will invoice you for the particular proficiencies/competencies that you are interested in.

• As soon as I have received payment, you can come and collect your Manuals @ our offices in Northcliff OR alternatively I can courier them to you at an additional cost of R 75.00 with Fastway.

• You then need to do home study and complete your open book tests.

• When completed you make an appointment with me to do a closed book exam at our offices after which we will go to Cecil Payne Shooting Range for the practical assessment. The range is approximately 15 minutes from our offices. For example the whole process for Legal + Handgun during this section can take anything between 2 and 4 hours. I can do this during the week, occasionally on Saturdays when I am not shooting OR on Sundays by appointment.

• Your Certificates and Statement of Results (from PFTC) are usually ready 24 hours after the tests have been completed and can either be fetched from our offices OR I can again courier at an additional cost of R 75.00

• You can then go to your local DFO (Designated Firearms Officer) @ your police station to apply for your Competencies.

• Form for Competency: https://www.saps.gov.za/services/fla...glish/e517.pdf

• OR for Further Competency: https://www.saps.gov.za/services/fla...lish/e517a.pdf

• For further information please do not hesitate to contact me.

Contact me for more information!