Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Leather hunting sling/accurate shooting sling designed by Hansie Minnaar

Quote Originally Posted by Gert Odendaal View Post
    Killmurphy, please give feedback regarding the use of your rifle sling????Especially shooting with the sling from kneeling,standing and sitting positions??
    I will only get to see mine mid-January. Contractors don't get Christmas leave

User

Default Re: Leather hunting sling/accurate shooting sling designed by Hansie Minnaar

Got mine. Very happy with the workmanship, it really is a quality item. Very much looking forward to getting it to the range this weekend so I can try it out.

Thanks to Hansie for the excellent service and quality item and to Gert for facilitating.

User

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    Got mine. Very happy with the workmanship, it really is a quality item. Very much looking forward to getting it to the range this weekend so I can try it out.

Thanks to Hansie for the excellent service and quality item and to Gert for facilitating.
    Thank you kindly oafpatroll for the positive remarks,it is much appreciated..yes, it is true, Hansie Minnaar really makes high quality products, the bullets/drawn brass he makes are of excellent quality, I am only buying bullets from Hansie Minnaar, the bullets and brass can be compare to oversea companies and still will be the best since every bullet/brass Hansie Minnaar is making is custom made by hand ....Hansie Minnaar is the person you go to if you have difficulty getting your rifle to shoot small groups, he really made a huge difference assisting me to get the 11mm Mauser and my Martini Henry shooting.... Please be so kind as to give us a feedback from using your sling shooting out of hand and in all other shooting positions....

I also received mine earlier this week and its very good! Excited to try it on the range and see.

User

Quote Originally Posted by DaavG View Post
    I also received mine earlier this week and its very good! Excited to try it on the range and see.
    Daan , it really would be great to get feedback from all the buyers when they use their hunting belts/sling

User

Update:
    Members , I fit the hunting/shooting sling to my Mauser 43 that I will be using on the black powder hunt. I duplicate this belt for Ruan to use on the Martini Henry he will be hunting with.
    Re-loading /practicing out of hand shooting will commence next week . I will then be able to give feedback from the shooting range in regards to the use of this belt/sling.

User

Good, I applied some leather cream conditioner and neatsfoot oil to the belt, it is soft and pliable..will fit it to the Mauser 43 Black powder rifle I currently am reloading for to use on the 1885 Era Black powder hunt. I need to shoot off hand on this hunt since it is a walk/stalk hunt shooting at maximum distance of 50 meters at game. I will be shooting /practice off hand with the sling at 50 meters , will give some feedback..
    The Mauser 43 is a great rifle to shoot, Johan and me did some re-loading since he is taking his Mauser 43 (11x 60mm/11.15 x 60 Rimmed Mauser) as well..this caliber really gets your attention when shooting it..gentle recoil but a big bark when pulling the trigger, the double set trigger is a great feature on this rifle. Keep in mind when Paul Mauser designed this rifle it was one of his best designs since he manufactured thousands of these rifles for the Otterman empire..circumstances changed due to other countries like France who designed the 8 mm Lebel smokeless rifle , Paul Mauser scraped the Black Powder version he worked on and designed the first Mauser actions /rifles as we know it today...but the Mauser 43 still was and is a good quality designed from those days..

User

Good, another feature I like about this rifle is the use of the 404 Jeffery ( .423/10.75 ) bullets, smooth cast bullets I am paper patching using ions- skin paper /airmail paper to paper patch from 10.75 mm to 11.15 mm paper patched bullets that fits/reload beautifully in the brass cartridge.

I will upload a few photos of the reloading process including technical specs in this regards.
    This is a photo of two beautiful Mauser 43 rifles I got as a gift from a friend in the USA , it will come to SA via a visiting hunter shortly.

Mr Minnaar's sling will improve most shooters' accuracy from any position. Five years ago I got back into hunting after a nearly forty year lapse. Despite a fair amount of range work with a borrowed .243 (accompanied by the owner), my first springbok hunt with a borrowed .270 and a standard sling was pretty grim. After looking in vain for a USMC 1907 type sling (has a bicep band and tensioner strap) I discovered Lindsay Ross's version of the Ching sling. Practice with my own .243 using Lindsay's sling made the difference between meat in the freezer and a wasted trip. Lindsay is no longer in the leather business but it seems as though Mr Minnaar has taken up the slack. From what I can tell by the pictures, the two designs are very similar and should function equally well. Do yourself a favour and put your name on his waiting list. You will not be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gert Odendaal View Post
    Good, I applied some leather cream conditioner and neatsfoot oil to the belt, it is soft and pliable.
    Gert how much of these 2 products did you apply to the belt and in equal portions? Want to soften mine up also.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast