Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Chinese ACOG (4x32) Clone (big pictures)

Agreed!

User

Right, took this guy to the range for a chrony and plinking session on Saturday...

Reticle is slightly canted to the left, I suspect this is because of bad mount machining, I will be able to correct it with a little gentle stoning.

Aside from that, it was within about 3 mins of POA-POI @ 50m, turrets responded correctly and rifle was shooting on point for the rest of its use time (only about 50 rounds, so no real torture test). Reticle is really crisp and focal plane is perfect at the ranges I was shooting and beyond (25m+). Illumination of the chevron in the shaded shooting rest at Broadway was excellent, bright and clear. It was really fun to shoot, would buy again in a heartbeat.

Appeals board is sitting at about 70 working days for my AR now, so hopefully soon I will be able to give the scope some decent range time. At this point its two thumbs up.

User

I would personally not purchase a product branded as Trijicon if it wasn't a Trijicon. I don't have issue with Chinese made products as a concept. I think Holosun make a good product. But they're branded Holosun. They're not stealing someone elses identity.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    I would personally not purchase a product branded as Trijicon if it wasn't a Trijicon. I don't have issue with Chinese made products as a concept. I think Holosun make a good product. But they're branded Holosun. They're not stealing someone elses identity.
    Not going to argue with this. I am simply not in a position to spend even holosun money on toy optics at this point. I would prefer if it was unbranded, but I am apparently not a man of unbending principle...

User

Ran the acog on my rifle today, zeroed really quickly, held on to its zero for 40 rounds or so, then shifted left an inch (at 25m). Things not looking up for the Chinese scope, but may also have been me being silly. Will give it another chance next range session, if zero shifts again I will bite the proverbial bullet and get something decent.

Is there any visible difference between the Original and the Chinese copy?

Looking at Aliexpress the prices are dirt cheap but the postage costs is high. Is there a solution for this?

User

Quote Originally Posted by wlm View Post
    Looking at Aliexpress the prices are dirt cheap but the postage costs is high. Is there a solution for this?
    Shipping since covid is rediculous.

Try contacting a Chinese forwarding agent or finding the item on banggood or gearbest (they offer cheap priority shipping to Sa)

Sent from my SM-N770F using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by 762 View Post
    Is there any visible difference between the Original and the Chinese copy?
    The original has the name cast into the body. On the cheap chinese airsoft version it is printed on. These were never intended to be used on any real fire arm...

Pretty sure that importing counterfeit goods is a crime.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast