Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: DSS (sport shooter & hunter) Questions

Doing both as some rifles for example might not have a discipline for it at your range to compete or shoot in. But will have a reason for hunting.

And more important. You can motivate more. By saying the rifle is for sport use at range. And you also will or might use it for any hunting. So more reason to approve it.

Plus the cost difference to do both is very small then just doing one.

Like everyone says Do Both and get the SLR comp ASAP. I've also been with NHSA since January 2016 and they are just awesome and everything is so easy and accessible on the members page.

I did my G19 9mmP Application and Motivated it for Sport Shooting (IPSC for example) and for Dedicated Hunting purposes as a Hunting side-arm to shoot dangerous snakes or warning shots at charging animals and to deliver Coup de Grâce to a still partially alive but downed animal.

Hope this helps.

Regards
    Frans

Thanks for all the good advice guys, will definitely do both then. One other question regarding the SLR comp. Will there be any issues if I do the dedicated status first and then the SLR comp at a later stage or do you have to do the comp before you do dedicated status?

If I Recall correctly NHSA never requested a Comp Certificate (I have Comp for all rifles/carbines)

All I did was buy the book.. Study... Write Test (online web link).

Then I Went to an Indoor Shooting range.. Rented a 22LR Pistol. Shot the NHSA Target. Got it signed and approved submitted it back to NHSA. And it was all done... Dedicated Sport Shooting Status Accuired. Maintain Status by submitting SportShoot related activities or take part in Postal Shoots.

Regards
    Frans

User

Quote Originally Posted by Hannesvanvuuren View Post
    Thanks for all the good advice guys, will definitely do both then. One other question regarding the SLR comp. Will there be any issues if I do the dedicated status first and then the SLR comp at a later stage or do you have to do the comp before you do dedicated status?
    There will be no issue either way, one is not dependent on the other.

Even though your previous questions have been answered, I will also agree with the recommendations to go for both DSS & DH at the same time. Another reason is that you then only need to write the test once, and one trip to the range for your qualifying targets. Just less of a hassle. Also, the fact that it only costs a few R more if you do it together makes more sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerva10210 View Post
    There will be no issue either way, one is not dependent on the other.

Even though your previous questions have been answered, I will also agree with the recommendations to go for both DSS & DH at the same time. Another reason is that you then only need to write the test once, and one trip to the range for your qualifying targets. Just less of a hassle. Also, the fact that it only costs a few R more if you do it together makes more sense to me.
    Cool, then its both then, also makes more sense to me after you guys clarified it. Thanks for all the advice guys. Really appreciate it.

NHSA is simplest way to acquire DSS.
    Very user friendly website and quick to get endorsements.
    My favourite part is the record of activities and scores. When u submit a new application you download latest activity and score report. The longer you do this the longer that report becomes. Then nobody can argue that you are not active.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2