User

Default Tork craft range finder.

Any one used this or has any feedback? I don't expect it to compete with a leica , will be used mainly for archery and hunting 300m and under.
    http://www.vermontsales.co.za/index.php?route=product/product&page=54&limit=75&manufacturer_id=173&produ ct_id=29081

User

Default Re: Tork craft range finder.

For that cost and similar (limited) performance I'd prefer a manufacturer that at least specialize in optical equipment... you should get a Nikon Aculon for similar money.

I dont get link open.

But make sure. If you going to only hunt and range at 200m. Your range finder should be rated to at least 500m if you want to range a Springbuck at 200m.

In lay mans terms. The beam widens as it ranges. The expensive models that go +1000m beam stays narrow way longer.
    cheapies widen quickly.

So if they say 300m range. It means 300m on a target the size of huge road sign next to N1.

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    I dont get link open.

But make sure. If you going to only hunt and range at 200m. Your range finder should be rated to at least 500m if you want to range a Springbuck at 200m.

In lay mans terms. The beam widens as it ranges. The expensive models that go +1000m beam stays narrow way longer.
    cheapies widen quickly.

So if they say 300m range. It means 300m on a target the size of huge road sign next to N1.
    Agree 100%
    For me a Rangfinder is one of those buy once cry once items.
    Buy a quality one and you will get most of your investment back when you decide to sell it down the road.
    If you are looking for something that will range animals (non reflective target)at 300m to 400m max you should look for something in the 800-1000m range.
    I like to practice 200m further than the distance that I am comfortable at hunting, so a good rangefinder comes in very handy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

https://www.gunafrica.co.za/classifi...ale-11205.html

F.Y.I, saw this add. it's a Leupold for cheaper...

User

Decided to rather look at the Vortex Impact range finder. Seems about what I am looking for, covered by a great warranty as well.

Banned

What price is it going for?

User

http://www.vermontsales.co.za/index....oduct_id=29081

Here is a link that worked for me. Otherwise just got to the website vermont sales and search range finder. it says 600m though.