Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Default Re: Combative Knife Thread

I stand to be corrected. The Piper "system " is severely lacking in footwork and there appears too many unnecessary movement that gives the impression of it being a deadly art. It's raw and rough and Filipino art will beat it. I stand to be corrected though.
    live out your imagination , not your history.

anyone use the Karambit

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    anyone use the Karambit
    Good one to add to the collection , thank you. I carried a Karambit for a while and the ring gives it away.

User

With knives, like guns, the sheath will dictate how easy and how often you will continue to carry it.

I have tried a lot of knive/sheath combos for center line and especially support side AIWB carry and ambi access.

The best I have found thus far (I have been EDC'ing since Feb this year) is the Razorback by Dynamis Alliance. The sheath is really functional, secure, comfortable and ambi and can be carried centerline or in pocket (front and rear).

https://dynamisalliance.com/blog/pro...zorback-blade/

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    anyone use the Karambit
    Good one to add to the collection , thank you. I carried a Karambit for a while and the ring gives it away.

I went for some knife training. And they focused more on knives that will cut as you pull back.
    Claw design. Close to karambit but without the circle at back.

The circle of the karambit gets in way when way in hand as it stick out and gives opponent place to hook onto.
    And less chance for you to push his arm off you when he grabs your arm. If it makes sense.

Even with a training one thats not sharp. You can really control your opponent.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Khumba View Post
    With knives, like guns, the sheath will dictate how easy and how often you will continue to carry it.

I have tried a lot of knive/sheath combos for center line and especially support side AIWB carry and ambi access.

The best I have found thus far (I have been EDC'ing since Feb this year) is the Razorback by Dynamis Alliance. The sheath is really functional, secure, comfortable and ambi and can be carried centerline or in pocket (front and rear).

https://dynamisalliance.com/blog/pro...zorback-blade/

Wow, a gold standard, yes the sheath is as if not slightly more important than the knife.

User

Quote Originally Posted by pbuitendag View Post
    I have a Spyderco P'kal and a Shivworks Disciple, neither of which I carry enough. I also have the TDI, but am stuck with the God-awful original sheath. Anyone know who makes better sheaths?

I mostly carry a Xavier Knox Vixen these days because it pushes back into my hand when stabbing, kind of like the TDI, but is also a bit dual edged.

I'm also interested in Arno Barlow's new knife design, also made by Xavier Knox, which is also dual edged and, as I understand, is mostly made for P'kal weak hand carry.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    You have some great kit there :) Xavier gets a lot of my money and for good reason.

User

Quote Originally Posted by KK20 View Post
    I stand to be corrected. The Piper "system " is severely lacking in footwork and there appears too many unnecessary movement that gives the impression of it being a deadly art. It's raw and rough and Filipino art will beat it. I stand to be corrected though.
    I am not qualified to say. All I know is that it exists and that is effecting but what I am interested in is the kit side of this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by tims View Post
    You have some great kit there :) Xavier gets a lot of my money and for good reason.
    Thanks! Should you be interested in another XK blade, I am selling a Bad'ger with trainer.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast