Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Guns that you regret having sold

Or maybe one should rather ask - guns that you don't regret having sold.

Then the pain is less thinking back to the ones you should never have sold.

Default Re: Guns that you regret having sold

Ha ha

I have only sold three firearms in my life. I miss my very first firearm a Star BM the most. And then my Baikal sxs Shotgun.

User

I sold my H&K P7M13 with extra mags. Still regret that, but I was not willing to subject it to the wear and tear of EDC duty and it had very little other use. Hope the new owner appreciates it as he should...

Then I sold a Tokarev TT33 to a fellow gunsiter. It was in very good nick for a 1935-made specimen. Had no use for it, besides it being nice in an old-fashioned way.

Both guns were sold to fund sports shooting guns that see very frequent use, so at least there were some practical reasons. That's of some solice.

User

I've no intention of selling any of my current collection but the one I was most pleased to be rid of was a Brazilian manufactured Mossberg 802 "plinkster".

When FCA2000 came into being I owned 4 handguns and shotgun and had no dedicated sport status. I handed in a S&W model 681 .357mag and S&W model 36 .38spl over to a dealer to be compliant.

Now I am a dedicated sport shooter and dedicated hunter. The only firearm that I sold since then was a Maverick 88 which I upgraded by buying a Winchester 1300 Defender.

Go dedicated. Keep your firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre in Alberton View Post
    When FCA2000 came into being I owned 4 handguns and shotgun and had no dedicated sport status. I handed in a S&W model 681 .357mag and S&W model 36 .38spl over to a dealer to be compliant.

Now I am a dedicated sport shooter and dedicated hunter. The only firearm that I sold since then was a Maverick 88 which I upgraded by buying a Winchester 1300 Defender.

Go dedicated. Keep your firearms.
    The thought of having handed anything worthwhile (or anything at all) in to the SAPS must be unbearable.

People, take some free advice from someone who knows ... you now need to think twice about selling anything worthwhile - licenses are not getting easier to come by and specifically for certain types of firearms ... and if you indeed want to upgrade and change, apply for the new license on the condition that the replaced firearm will be disposed of within the time allowed for in the FCA upon receipt of your new license.

User

Bought a mint 6” Blued Colt Python out of an estate. Sold it a few years later because “I was not using it”. I also should have bought the Colt Gold Cup that was available.

I was young and dumb.

I also am sorry I didn’t buy the CZ550 FS in 8x57 that was available here this year.

User

Before I knew about guns or wanted a gun ( I.e when I was like 12), we cleaned out my gran dad's house when he passed away.

We found 2 Beretta 9mmp and a snubby 38spl and about 100 rounds for each. My dad already had a pistol so we went and handed it in to saps (this was years ago before all the sh#t we have to deal with).

Looking back now I wish we had kept at least one of the Berettas.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

User

My first blaster a Beretta 92S.

I still find myself ogling over the current models... one day I will get my 80's action hero on again.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Ah... the Ruger Security Six 6" stainless with Coco-bolo grips and the Rossi Puma carbine... that I sold to buy my wife's wedding ring.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast