Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    User

Default Re: Advice on Hospital Plan

My advice is get professional help. Make an appointment with an advisor and let them assist.

Further and this is the best advice for the wannabe advisers on here. You can be held accountable for any advice you administer. If you are not a licenced adviser and registered with the CMS you are playing with fire.

Registered and licenced advisers are required to do a needs analysis and keep a record of advice. They are also required to hold substantial liability insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by R_C View Post
    My advice is get professional help. Make an appointment with an advisor and let them assist.

Further and this is the best advice for the wannabe advisers on here. You can be held accountable for any advice you administer. If you are not a licenced adviser and registered with the CMS you are playing with fire.

Registered and licenced advisers are required to do a needs analysis and keep a record of advice. They are also required to hold substantial liability insurance.
    R-C which advisors are you referring to now, insurance company for gap cover or actual medical aid companies for hospital plans?

And suggestions who to see perhaps?

Possible list of licenced advisors that you know of please?

Quote Originally Posted by R_C View Post

Best advice yet.
    The HPCSA sent a message to Health care providers telling them exactly this.

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Barnard View Post
    Best advice yet.
    The HPCSA sent a message to Health care providers telling them exactly this.
    Cool so who do I contact then?

Banned

Call Fedhealth as well.
    I changed over to them from Bonitas and it's a saving of R1000 on my monthly premium and the service is top notch

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    R-C which advisors are you referring to now, insurance company for gap cover or actual medical aid companies for hospital plans?

And suggestions who to see perhaps?

Possible list of licenced advisors that you know of please?
    I'm sorry Ricochet, I haven't logged back in since my post. Medical Aid and Gap Cover is what I was referring too. Gap Cover falls under the Short Term product Lines and is a different licence to Medical Aid so your adviser would need to be licenced for both or have a referral agreement. Shoot me a PM and say where you are and your contact details lets see if I can assist at least get you referral
    Last edited by R_C; 09-12-2018 at 22:54. Reason: Because damn its late!

User

Discovery is unfortunately the way to go. They are expensive, but the authorise emergency care the easiest.

I subcontract to a major ambulance service for air ambulance work, and some of the medical aids are tightfisted with spending money on lifesaving care.

User

Quote Originally Posted by krobar View Post
    Discovery is unfortunately the way to go. They are expensive, but the authorise emergency care the easiest.

I subcontract to a major ambulance service for air ambulance work, and some of the medical aids are tightfisted with spending money on lifesaving care.
    It is always helpful to have service provider feedback like this. Everyone is fantastic until it comes time to pay up.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3