Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    User

Default Re: New Glock Owner - terribly inaccurate

The Glock trigger setup is somethig to learn and get used to. Its not the easiest gun to shoot great with straight out the box, but....with some good training, and spending some time improving your skills and learning to work that gun, you will be amazed by how accurate it actually can be.

And good on you for realizing the problem is with you, and not the gun. Sights and trigger upgrades and what ever other modifications, does not make up for poor fundamentals.

Work yourself up slowly, focussing on a solid grip, and good trigger control.

User

Quote Originally Posted by gary-t View Post

With a glock you must also feel for the trigger reset. After shooting release the trigger slowly
    until you feel it click. You are now ready to fire the next shot. In the beginning it takes a conscious
    effort. The Glock's handle angle is also slightly different to some other pistols and takes practice.

This graphic is largely incorrect too. According to it, I shoot everything to the right. But I don't because trigger control. The direction of the finger pulling back is the cause.

Shooting from reset was a bad habit that took me a while to fix

User

Quote Originally Posted by gary-t View Post

With a glock you must also feel for the trigger reset. After shooting release the trigger slowly
    until you feel it click. You are now ready to fire the next shot. In the beginning it takes a conscious
    effort. The Glock's handle angle is also slightly different to some other pistols and takes practice.

No!Just no! Resets has nothing to do with this and you shouldn't be trying to just catch the reset. In fact I seem plenty el snatcho as a result of trying to.

ps I shoot the middle one and seem to do okay.

This reset focus from American firearms instructors is total BS. It is neither relevant in target nor fast shooting and if you are trying to focus on irrelevant BS you never get to focus on the essentials. Speaking for myself the Glock trigger took some mastering. Aside from other fundamentals I found that whatever part of your trigger finger you use make Damm sure that you are pulling straight back and not canting the gun. This takes practice both dry and live rounds.

User

Congrats on admitting to the correct problem, and not letting your ego stand between you and your learning path.

To improve your performance, the way IMHO to go is:

1. Get training from a knowledgable instructor. Sort out your fundamentals first. You are not very likely to accomplish this on your own.
    2. Practice, practice, practice. Then practise some more. All great shooters get there and stay there through regular focussed practise.
    3. Once your fundamentals are sorted, dry-fire practise is the best thing you can do. Guys like Robert Vogel have daily dry-fire practise sessions to stay in form. If anyone can beat him I might take his/her advice above Bob's.
    4. Have focussed live fire practise sessions. Set goals and measure your growth.

Hope this helps?

User

Pm sent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4