Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Norinco bulk ammo

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    That was the previous batch. The current batch comes in green crates containing 1440 rounds.
    But I still wasn't going mad. For a change

User

A mate of my dad's is looking for 7.62x39. Does anyone know of any bulk floating around?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    A mate of my dad's is looking for 7.62x39. Does anyone know of any bulk floating around?
    "Madhatter" works for the importer,pm him for a dealer near you.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    Send me a DM with your number and I'll call you

User

Quote Originally Posted by curious george View Post
    "Madhatter"
    Now that's most appropriate name for someone handling surplus ammo, since mercury which was in some cases used during the hat making process made hatters eventually go mad (mercury rewires you making you go bananas) and the stuff used to be a vital component of the primer. A very corrosive component that is. Plus the older corrosive primers contained various salts which attract water which eventually corrodes your gun unless it's washed with soap and hot water or ammonia containing detergent, some older ammo (and even modern black powder) contains sulphur which is highly corrosive and can only be removed by the method of soap and water.

"Non-corrosive" ammo doesn't contain these agents thus the kind of a misnomer, but the gun should nevertheless be sooner or later cleaned after use. I don't buy ancient surplus ammo because I aim to shoot less and train more efficiently.

Edit, forgot to mention:

Most surplus primers contain grains of sand and/or glass which purpose is to enhance friction inside the primer thus making the ignition more reliable. Some of these grains remain inside the barrel, so do yourselves a favor: do not use a barrel snake after the use of surplus ammunition, those grains will scrape even a chrome lined barrel and these scrapes will get larger and larger until the bullet can not hold gas pressure behind it and your barrel will in a rapid fashion burn to an useless piece of tube unable to stabilize the bullets.

Use wet patches prior to using any kind of a brush and you'll be fine.

User

Quote Originally Posted by AK-Gunner View Post
    Now that's most appropriate name for someone handling surplus ammo, since mercury which was in some cases used during the hat making process made hatters eventually go mad (mercury rewires you making you go bananas) and ...
    So you HAVE met him?

User

Freddie? Sorry, shouldn't do the name dropping...

User

Freddy? Sorry, shouldn't do the name dropping...
    That's flippin' hilarious!

User

Freddy? Sorry, shouldn't do the name dropping...
    Johann, the sketchy bald dude.

User

Now that's most appropriate name for someone handling surplus ammo, since mercury which was in some cases used during the hat making process made hatters eventually go mad (mercury rewires you making you go bananas) and the stuff used to be a vital component of the primer. A very corrosive component that is. Plus the older corrosive primers contained various salts which attract water which eventually corrodes your gun unless it's washed with soap and hot water or ammonia containing detergent, some older ammo (and even modern black powder) contains sulphur which is highly corrosive and can only be removed by the method of soap and water.

"Non-corrosive" ammo doesn't contain these agents thus the kind of a misnomer, but the gun should nevertheless be sooner or later cleaned after use. I don't buy ancient surplus ammo because I aim to shoot less and train more efficiently.

Edit, forgot to mention:

Most surplus primers contain grains of sand and/or glass which purpose is to enhance friction inside the primer thus making the ignition more reliable. Some of these grains remain inside the barrel, so do yourselves a favor: do not use a barrel snake after the use of surplus ammunition, those grains will scrape even a chrome lined barrel and these scrapes will get larger and larger until the bullet can not hold gas pressure behind it and your barrel will in a rapid fashion burn to an useless piece of tube unable to stabilize the bullets.

Use wet patches prior to using any kind of a brush and you'll be fine.
    Good advice there. My name comes from my skydiving days though. The lack of capitalization inspired by tonto, fellow skydivers will understand.

I’m a bit odd, as CG implies, but luckily not due to mercury in our ammo 😂

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast