Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Vehicle safe installation

Quote Originally Posted by Cockroach View Post
    Except it is the SABS document that specifies the mounting requirement and the need for installation certificate, but do not specify what makes it an accredited installer
    Getting and maintaining accreditation from SABS will make them accredited? Probably much the same way as a safe manufacturer wanting to put "SABS approved" on their products. Not sure if a VESA approved installer will suffice?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Davidc View Post
    Getting and maintaining accreditation from SABS will make them accredited? Probably much the same way as a safe manufacturer wanting to put "SABS approved" on their products. Not sure if a VESA approved installer will suffice?
    That is pretty much what I wanted them to answer

I would be weary of getting a VESA shop to install or inspect the installation of a safe in your car. The detail/ record of your vehicle, home address, tel no, etc will be on file without any control over these records. Rather try and get a certificate from a gunsmith that you know and is trustworthy Regards

User

I am goiing to say this in afrikaans , my English is not that good " het gister met 'n SAP beampte gepraat wat baie in hof kom , die wet se jou wapen op jou , of in 'n kluis wat in die muur en grond vas geskroef is , hy het nou al 'n paar sake wat 'n persoon sy wapen in 'n motorkluis toe gesluit by gesit , almal is onbevoeg verklaar nadat hul motors gesteel is en het al hulle wapens verloor , die laaste ou was ook onbevoeg verklaar en 14 vuurwapens van hom is gekonfiskeer . BE VERY CAREFUL .

User

Quote Originally Posted by Jurgen Visser View Post
    I am goiing to say this in afrikaans , my English is not that good " het gister met 'n SAP beampte gepraat wat baie in hof kom , die wet se jou wapen op jou , of in 'n kluis wat in die muur en grond vas geskroef is , hy het nou al 'n paar sake wat 'n persoon sy wapen in 'n motorkluis toe gesluit by gesit , almal is onbevoeg verklaar nadat hul motors gesteel is en het al hulle wapens verloor , die laaste ou was ook onbevoeg verklaar en 14 vuurwapens van hom is gekonfiskeer . BE VERY CAREFUL .
    I suggest that SAPS beampte rereads the damned act.

User

This. Sounds to me a lot like the same type of "beampte" that shows off his "naai mil" at a braai to everyone who wants to take a look and he's also the one who's "arrested 92 gang members without firing a single shot".

PS I know a dude who left two hunting rifles and shotgun in bags in the boot of his car coming from a hunting trip. Went in to a mall to grab brekkie, came out, car with guns gone. Reported them stolen with the car and insurance bought him new guns.

User

He is sitting in on court cases , this is what's happening in court when your vehicle is stolen with a safe in it , he don't have to re read anything , he told me how these cases end , this is actual cases in Kuilsriver and blue downs courts

User

He is sitting in on court cases , this is what's happening in court when your vehicle is stolen with a safe in it , he don't have to re read anything , he told me how these cases end , this is actual cases in Kuilsriver and blue downs courts
    Courts don't make the law. Doesn't matter what he says - he is wrong. You are allowed to install a safe in your car as long as it complies with the FCA. If you leave your gun in there and it's stolen, you are not liable, same as with a safe installed in your house.

User

Then he should be able to refer us to the case records.

User

Guys i am not attacking any one , just warning you of what can happen , and what actually hapened ,i will try and get the court case nrs for you

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast