User

Default Remington 700 SPS .308 with Hogue stock

I recently bought a Remington 700 .308 with the 20" heavy barrel, the hogue over moulded stock that is fitted is pillar bedded, which causes some slight flex in the fore end of the stock. So if I were to mount a bipod to the gun or shoot it from a sand bag the stock would sometimes contact the barrel then it is no longer free floating. I had a look at Hogue's website and they offer that exact same stock in a fully bedded version which eliminates the flex in the fore end. My question is does anybody here now of local retailers or companies that import these stocks or allready sell them locally?

Thanks in advance

User

Default Re: Remington 700 SPS .308 with Hogue stock

If you search through the forum, a number of people have resolved the flex issue through various DIY fixes

User

I have one of these that I’ve never used that’s in the market

User

Quote Originally Posted by marshy View Post
    If you search through the forum, a number of people have resolved the flex issue through various DIY fixes
    I had a look through the forums before I created a thread and I couldn't find anything relating to my question. Could I perhaps ask if its not to much trouble for you to send me links to a couple of those threads you are referring to

Thank you