Default Advice for Glock 17 AIWB holster (gen4)

Hi all

Recently purchased a G17 and would like to hear recommendations on best AIWB holsters locally available and where I could purchase please?

Much obliged, thanks!

User

Default Re: Advice for Glock 17 AIWB holster (gen4)

I believe the quantum carry chameleon. Can't say first hand as I've only just ordered my first holster from them

User

I second Quantum Carry and they have just released the 2.0 version of the Chameleon. I currently use the original version with a claw and would still highly recommend it!

User

I have a custom kydex hitchiker which worked great when I still carried my 17. I also ordered the custom one below but never got to use it.

Thanks guys. Where can I buy these locally?

User

The first step should be to realize that you will probably end up with at least 3 different holsters, and after that you will have a favourite. Costly, but true...

AIWB carry is a personal thing on many levels, due to mainly different body types, and secondly, the difference in comfort levels one would personally be happy with. Opinions can be given on quality of items etc, but it does not garuntee that what 10 people reccommend, will be the one that works for you.

The 17 is a long gun for AIWB carry, what I would suggest, is either something with a "sidecar" type design that sits more centered, to have most of the barrel away from your right nut to avoid pinches, I use a Katana from Shinobi, works very well. 2nd option, will be a holster only type setup, that can be worn more out towards the hip bone, but can be canted, so that the barrel points more centre, than straight down, to decrease chances of pinches.

That is what works for me, good luck on finding what works for you, experimentation is key to success when it comes to aiwb carry !

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by snakker View Post

Facebook.

My own preference is for leather because it is soft and forms to your body. The majority of folks prefer kydex - I have tried it and do not like it. Not because it is a bad product - just not my cup of tea.Another idea which worked well for a few folks: wrap your pistol in towel cloth or similar, and carry it at home for an evening or two. The purpose of this is simply to get the most comfortable or workable position. Then shop for a holster which fits in that position.

User

I use the Quantum Carry Covert and it’s great. Doesn’t print much even with a 19 round mag in my Glock 17.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Glocked View Post
    The first step should be to realize that you will probably end up with at least 3 different holsters, and after that you will have a favourite. Costly, but true...

AIWB carry is a personal thing on many levels, due to mainly different body types, and secondly, the difference in comfort levels one would personally be happy with. Opinions can be given on quality of items etc, but it does not garuntee that what 10 people reccommend, will be the one that works for you.

The 17 is a long gun for AIWB carry, what I would suggest, is either something with a "sidecar" type design that sits more centered, to have most of the barrel away from your right nut to avoid pinches, I use a Katana from Shinobi, works very well. 2nd option, will be a holster only type setup, that can be worn more out towards the hip bone, but can be canted, so that the barrel points more centre, than straight down, to decrease chances of pinches.

That is what works for me, good luck on finding what works for you, experimentation is key to success when it comes to aiwb carry !
    Im also on edc’ing my 17 in a Katana. Best is to try and fit as many as you can. And yes, you will end up with 2-3 holsters before you find the “ONE”.

User

Quote Originally Posted by snakker View Post
    These can only be ordered from the manufacturer in the US. The one pictured is also a custom order, so had a few weeks lead time.