Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Eye Protection

Default Eye Protection

Hi Guys.
    So...the cataract surgery went very well.
    My distance vision is now amazing and I no longer need spectacles for clay pigeon shooting nor driving.
    What I do now need is some 'good' eye protection as I now have no need for my prescription lenses which provided this previously.
    Any suggestions would really be appreciated.
    Regards and have a great Holiday Period.

User

Default Re: Eye Protection

I run Oakley Radar EV Path for outdoor/daytime, else Oakley RadarLock for indoor/night-time.
    But there are many other great options available if you don't need it to improve your vision.
    Even standard safety glasses do the trick well. Lens colours and effects are up to personal preference.

User

Oakley ballistics
    Rudy Project ImpactX - the ImpactX Photochromic is amazing stuff. ImpactX is not polycarbonate.
    Revision ballistics
    WileyX ballistaics
    Smith Optics ballistics
    Magpul
    Last edited by DS; 10-12-2018 at 14:35.

I once read an article. For Claypigeon shooting you need a certain design lens.

Normal lenses does work but not correct. As when your looking over the barrels your eyes will also look slightly upwards. So you need lenses that go high up above eye. Otherwise you will look into to top edge of frame.

So Shotgun Claypigeon lenses should be bigger then normal shooting where you just look straight forward through them.

User

Pilla is the bee’s knees!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Khumba View Post
    Rudy Project ImpactX - the ImpactX Photochromic is amazing stuff. ImpactX is not polycarbonate.
    I have a pair of these. From my limited perspective they are fantastic. My only gripe is when I have my electronic earmuffs on the pressure behind my ears can get sore over time, but I imagine that's rather a function of my ear protection than the arms of the eyewear.

Quote Originally Posted by Digby View Post
    I have a pair of these. From my limited perspective they are fantastic. My only gripe is when I have my electronic earmuffs on the pressure behind my ears can get sore over time, but I imagine that's rather a function of my ear protection than the arms of the eyewear.
    If you get Peltor or Sordin Electronics. You can fit the Gel inserts. Which takes this issue away.

WileyX is great but Oakley and Rudi Projects are good too.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    If you get Peltor or Sordin Electronics. You can fit the Gel inserts. Which takes this issue away.
    The same goes for Howard Leight Impact Sports.

Thanks Guys.
    Some great options for me to look at.
    Christmas shopping is actually going to be 'fun' this year.
    No problem with the ear protection as I use Cens DX5 which I can recommend 100%.
    Regards.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast