I had a plan in mind to get my son who just turned 7 an air rifle for doing well in school this year. Needless to say a lot of backwards and forwards with regards what to get him. As an impulse buy bought him a Springer online. When they day came to give it to him, I put on a spare scope and one of the arms by the break snapped in half. Needless to say quickly returned for full refund.

Then at @sarje suggestion he said I should consider the Daisy Red Ryder or Daisy Buck. Another impulse buy and I brought home a Daisy Buck.

Man, what an awesome little shooter for a small kid. Compact enough for him to hold it properly and get into good shooting positions and accurate. He is having such a jol with it....so am I to be honest. I take it out the safe to plink more for myself than for him I reckon.

He shoots Dassies on the farm with the .22 but I wanted something where he can build good shooting disciplines cheaply and this is 100% serving its purpose.

So if anyone has small kids looking to get them an air rifle I highly recommend.

The only negative to my store was the morning after I bought it I saw Co-Op was running one if its every day in December specials and it was R350 cheaper....still stoked though!