User

Default Daisy Buck - what a great decision

I had a plan in mind to get my son who just turned 7 an air rifle for doing well in school this year. Needless to say a lot of backwards and forwards with regards what to get him. As an impulse buy bought him a Springer online. When they day came to give it to him, I put on a spare scope and one of the arms by the break snapped in half. Needless to say quickly returned for full refund.

Then at @sarje suggestion he said I should consider the Daisy Red Ryder or Daisy Buck. Another impulse buy and I brought home a Daisy Buck.

Man, what an awesome little shooter for a small kid. Compact enough for him to hold it properly and get into good shooting positions and accurate. He is having such a jol with it....so am I to be honest. I take it out the safe to plink more for myself than for him I reckon.

He shoots Dassies on the farm with the .22 but I wanted something where he can build good shooting disciplines cheaply and this is 100% serving its purpose.

So if anyone has small kids looking to get them an air rifle I highly recommend.

The only negative to my store was the morning after I bought it I saw Co-Op was running one if its every day in December specials and it was R350 cheaper....still stoked though!

User

Default Re: Daisy Buck - what a great decision

How many kids grew up playing with these , shooting at cans and what ever else they could find. I had a look at one recently, the only negative was its no where as solid as they use to be , but still loads of fun.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Antlion View Post
    How many kids grew up playing with these , shooting at cans and what ever else they could find. I had a look at one recently, the only negative was its no where as solid as they use to be , but still loads of fun.
    Yeah, the lever? is a plastic composite whereas the old ones were metal. The rest of the frame on the Buck is metal. I am not sure about the Red Ryder but its possible the old wooden stock has been replaced with plastic, but I stand under correction.

Banned

I've got one now from my 10th birthday, still going strong.
    Nephews and nieces have had fun with it and wanted it to be gifted to them. No ways in hell!

Banned

I've taped on some rubber spacers to lengthen the stock and will remove them and gift it to my little one when he's a bit older

User

Quote Originally Posted by BBT View Post
    I've got one now from my 10th birthday, still going strong.
    Nephews and nieces have had fun with it and wanted it to be gifted to them. No ways in hell!
    Haha, same.

User

Got mine for my 9th birthday in 1949,been hooked on guns eversince.Next year will be my 62nd year of licenced ownership.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Pascoe View Post
    Got mine for my 9th birthday in 1949,been hooked on guns eversince.Next year will be my 62nd year of licenced ownership.
    I remember an old black and white photo with you and your sister in it. You were just a kid and she was holding a snake you hand shot with your Red Rider.

User

My dad got me mine when I turned two, I gave the same gun to my son last year, a little epoxy and a coat of paint and it still shoots just like it did when I was a little sprite...

Good quality product.