Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    User

Default Re: Father and son spearfishing /Rock&surf fishing trip to the Breederivier

Good, I got hold of the GO-PRO 7 and all it`s accessories , now we will be able to record nice spearfishing video material....I will be driving early tomorrow morning to our spearfishing /fishing destination...

User

Default Re: Father and son spearfishing /Rock&surf fishing trip to the Breederivier

Feedback: Members, although we were quite good prepared for this fishing/spearfishing holiday the weather had the last say...
    We had bad raining/strong wind weather the first three days. I saw the first challenge when fishing from the rocks:
    My fishing tackle was much , much to light to fish on the reefs, my line was frequently strangled on the mussel banks, due to fishing line not heavy/strong enough I lost a lot of sinkers but managed to catch small zebra fish. Coming this December holiday I surely will be prepared using heavy line as well as Rooi aas that is the staple diet for that stretch of coast..
    Spearfishing: due to the strong winds blowing all day every day we only have one reasonable day available, but the currents were severe when entering from the shoreline...Ruan did some dives in more secure pools to get him accustom to diving /snorkeling.
    I already arranged with a local skipper to take us out onto the reefs in the deeper part of the bay when returning in December, so that will surely give us a better chance to get some fish while spearfishing.
    Prior to our fishing/spearfishing coming December we will visit our family in Durbanville again, I will then drive to Rooi-els to dive for rooi -aas since it is difficult to get it from the shore line where we stay...

All in all it was a great holiday, we used the time that was not conducive to fishing/spearfishing and learn the trade to make our own velskoene for the 1885 era black powder hunt..Wallace Vosloo is a genius when working on leather, he taught Ruan and me to make our own vellies using only two needles, an awl and a carpet knife..here are photos of our vellies, I will upload the process on the DIY thread....

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6