Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default BERETTA PX4 STORM SUBCOMPACT - ?

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum and this is my 1st post. So I am considering the Beretta PX4 SUB compact for EDC IWB- under a not tucked in shirt at work and at home under a looser fitting t-shirt. But I cannot find this gun anywhere to shoot or even handle in my hands.

Anyone have any ideas about this? I can order one without seeing it first but it is a wide gun so I don't want to buy one and wait for licensing and all that only to discover it is too wide for concealed EDC IWB.

I have held the full size and compact versions, and the compact would be my choice really- but it seems a bit big for me for concealed carry all the time as I am 5ft7 tall and it just seems a bit big for this purpose. Although maybe it is the width- or the length/height. So the SUB compact is shorter than the compact by a lot, and the height is a wee bit less while the width is the same.

My thoughts were that with a good IWB holster eg Daniels Holsters, I could handle the width. I like the wide grip in my hand and how it feels and all 3 PX4 models get excellent reviews online. A subcompact with 13 rounds appeals to me a lot. I would carry it 1 up and safety off, that safety does not make much sense to me.

Thanks in advance!

User

Default Re: BERETTA PX4 STORM SUBCOMPACT - ?

Hi Scubes,

Welcome to the site.

Is there a reason you prefer this particular handgun?

User

Thanks Wezza.

Yup- a striker fired gun like a Glock worries me loaded in the appendix position. I'd feel safer with a PX4 as the hammer down gives me more confidence. I have trained before with the Glock 17 but for EDC that is how I feel. Maybe I am paranoid? It is a personal feeling. I like the look and feel of the PX4 but I am open to advice and suggestions as this is an important decision to make!

User

Quote Originally Posted by scubes View Post
    Thanks Wezza.

Yup- a striker fired gun like a Glock worries me loaded in the appendix position. I'd feel safer with a PX4 as the hammer down gives me more confidence. I have trained before with the Glock 17 but for EDC that is how I feel. Maybe I am paranoid? It is a personal feeling. I like the look and feel of the PX4 but I am open to advice and suggestions as this is an important decision to make!
    A Glock is perfectly safe but that does not mean it will alleviate unease and there is no sense in always feeling that unease.

I chose to EDC a Beretta PX4 Compact when I made the decision to carry AIWB. I feel easier about that. Ernest Langdon has the same outlook on that issue. I like the DA/SA setup of the PX4 and the hammer drop feature and the fact that it has an external hammer. The PX4 C conceals better AIWB for me than my Glock G26.

Iro of the PX4 Sub Compact: - the sub compact has nowhere the reputation of reliability and shootability that the PX4 Compact enjoys. If I were you I would seriously consider the PX4 C in stead of the PX4 Sub C.

I owned and carried a PX4 Storm Sub Compact and used it to shoot competitions. It shot for me like a full size gun and I used to place in the top 5 shooters. If you like it go for it. I carried mine for about 5 years.

I owned and carried a PX4 Storm Sub Compact and used it to shoot competitions. It shot for me like a full size gun and I used to place in the top 5 shooters. If you like it go for it. I carried mine for about 5 years.

User

I didn't like the feel of the PX4 storm pistol, it shoots weird for me.

Have a look at the CZ p10c if you don't want a Glock. Thats a very nice pistol. If i wasn't going to have my Glocvk that would be the handgun i would choose.

Something to consider when buying a handgun in SA are parts and magazine availability. I'm sure a gunshop in bushville will have Glock and CZ spares and magazines.

User

@Scubes if the safety is the primary concern for not going the glock route you can install a striker control device on a glock. This allows you to put your thumb on the back of the slide to feel if the trigger is being depressed.

User

Quote Originally Posted by GlockFirst View Post
    @Scubes if the safety is the primary concern for not going the glock route you can install a striker control device on a glock. This allows you to put your thumb on the back of the slide to feel if the trigger is being depressed.
    And where does one source the gadget here? They seem somewhat scarce even in the US

Im all for choosing what YOU want and like. im not going to try and convince you to get something else but you mentioned you like the hammer drop feature, have you tried the cz p07?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast