User

Default Sniper Gear chest rig and AIWB holster experince.

I've recently purchased the above from guns & tactics (G&T) and the below are my thoughts on each. I know others have had different experinces with guns & tactics but these are mine.

The chest rig:
    I bought this looking for a easy way to carry when riding a horse/bike/hiking or running. Mine was made specifically for a P07 with WML. The fit on the kydex was good and the holster seemed overall well finished. However it was absolutely massive. I am a 6ft 90kg chap so am comfortable in large for everything, so this was the size I ordered. There was no way I could get it to fit, the straps were much to big and it looked like I had hung my firearm from some baggy webbing rather than the tight fit expected. I contacted G&T and they arranged to collect it and replace the straps. However the resizing was still off. On the smallest setttings it only loosely fits. They have offered to adjust it again if I pay the shipping up and down. Other than the size the holster works as expected. It is NOT for conceald carry though as it does not sit flush against your chest no matter how you seat it it leaves you with a big obvious bulge.

At the same time as getting the above I ordered a AIWB holster for my wifes shield. This was a disaster. Initially it arrived with the wrong attachements and was so poorly fitted you could only get the firearm into the holster with considerable force (even then I do not think it was fully seated) and drawing it was nearly impossible. G&T collected it at the same time as the chest rig and supposedly re-sized it and fitted the correct belt loops. Once we got it back it was still rediculously tight, my wife can not draw from it from at all and I really battle drawing from apendix. It is so tight that when I draw the whole holster comes out of my pants and the arm for the belt loop bends badly as I yank on it. I use a Quantum carry AIWB holster so this is not my first kydex or AIWB experince. Without a doubt this holster is unusable and frankly down right dangerous. I contacted G&T asking to return the holster and be refunded in accordance with the consumer protection act. They refused. I then requested that they collect it and repair it so that it is usable. To this they have replied that they will only do this if I pay the shipping. While it is not a massive cost for the shipping I feel that with the product being so poor I should not be liable for this cost (never mind that according to the law the seller is liable for the cost when a defective good is returned) rather than ship it up and down endlessly it might be better for me to just cut my losses and get a holster from one of the well known companies who have good products and a decent back up service.

In conclusion it seems that the marketing of these products is snazzy but the products themselves are not up to standard. We have great gear available with good, honest back up from companies like Quantum Carry or Daniels Holsters and I would recomend that guys stick to the well known brands.

User

Default Re: Sniper Gear chest rig and AIWB holster experince.

Just do a search for the brand, it tells all.

This same company's Sniper Gear holster was also discussed on this very forum days ago by some other disgruntled customers and the long and short of the story suggests this Sniper Gear holster was also utter rubbish and that their customer service is even worse when approached.

I for one would not touch them with a ten foot pole even if I was forced to.

Banned

Where's the other chap that had only wonderful things to say about the sniper holsters??

User

Hope you have a lawyer on call

User

If you've already got a Quantum Carry, then "going Sniper" is a magnificent step backwards.

For the Shield, the Quantum Carry Covert is absolutely excellent. I also have a Chameleon (Gen 1) for my 9c, and I carry it every day, but if I had to buy again I'd very seriously rather consider the Covert.

User

Out of interest I went onto the Sniper Gear Kydex Holsters facebook page, as this was where I had origionally come across them as well as seen the rave reviews and high rating, I spent a few minutes now going through the ratings and reviews and noticed some disturbing trends. A significant percentage of the reviews happened on the 25th of April 2018, all by Asian folk, none of whom seem to be involved in shooting sports and none leaving a review, all ranking five stars. Then reading through the other reviews there seems to be a bit of a trend of thank goodness farmers are now safe and robbers be ware, with a few I assume honest reviews complementing the speedy service etc. Something looks rather off!

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    Out of interest I went onto the Sniper Gear Kydex Holsters facebook page, as this was where I had origionally come across them as well as seen the rave reviews and high rating, I spent a few minutes now going through the ratings and reviews and noticed some disturbing trends. A significant percentage of the reviews happened on the 25th of April 2018, all by Asian folk, none of whom seem to be involved in shooting sports and none leaving a review, all ranking five stars. Then reading through the other reviews there seems to be a bit of a trend of thank goodness farmers are now safe and robbers be ware, with a few I assume honest reviews complementing the speedy service etc. Something looks rather off!
    it seems they deleted the bad reviews as there were quiet a few of those but it has vanished

User

After a long battle with the guys at Guns and Tactics they eventually took my holsters back for the second time. Im glad to say that the fit and function is now much better. It has taken about three months for them to come to the party but they have finally done so