Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: CFR's "Own Rules" and non-compliance with the FCA

Quote Originally Posted by MTTSS View Post
    Example 8:

DFO's themselves deciding that no one is allowed to submit an application with them after 12h30 on weekdays.

I can live with this if they are available every day until 12:30 and not only when they feel like it, my local DFO only accepts applications up to 13:00 and then after 13:00 they capture all the applications for the day, so we always get our first SMS same day, we also have 3 people that can assist you when you arrive, so this is a well oiled machine. Other DFO's can really come and learn how it should be done here.

My dfo is also quite sharp. I work a block away from cop shop. When I applied for comp, I recieved the first sms before ieven got back to work and when I got to work my colleague was ready contacted for reference.
    The same with my lic app. Got the sms before I got back,to work again. And they also take apps to provincial very regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Eraser View Post
    My dfo is also quite sharp. I work a block away from cop shop. When I applied for comp, I recieved the first sms before ieven got back to work and when I got to work my colleague was ready contacted for reference.
    The same with my lic app. Got the sms before I got back,to work again. And they also take apps to provincial very regularly.
    Your DFO is the exception to the rule and not part of the majority

You are truly blessed.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post

You are truly blessed.
    i must jump in here. Kraaifontein DFO's are super helpful and really seem to also have a passion for firearm ownership. They asked for and checked my FA serial number when I went to pick up my competency. And checked again before they took in my application. Went through all documents with me in detail and is always friendly when you call to follow up. Got my SMS for receiving attention half an hour after I left for both applications and they called my references the next day at 10:00 am as promised.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post

You are truly blessed.
    Yes I know im just lucky.

User

Not quite CFR, but rather the Appeals Board.

Called into the Board last week to see what's the story with my appeal. At that time it was a little over 60 days from acknowledgement of receipt of appeal.

Get told, oh the "board" is on a annual December leave and will only be back on the 14th January. That's today marking day 68...

User

Quote Originally Posted by th3wall27 View Post
    They asked for and checked my FA serial number when I went to pick up my competency.
    What does a firearm serial number have to do with your competency? And why does it need to be checked?

User

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyR View Post
    What does a firearm serial number have to do with your competency? And why does it need to be checked?
    I went to collect my competency and they asked if I already have my serial number to check that it is correctly dealer stocked. So that if it is not then I have time to get it sorted before handing in my license app.

The truth is that there are many DFOs' who want to do their work properly as required of them in terms of the FCA, but they are prevented from doing so by someone in top management. IMHO this obstruction of the DFO by management is a transgression of section 120 (12) as per the OP. It turns out that at least some DFOs' are just as frustrated as the public is about this. Currently one of the biggest issues are that the DFOs' are prevented from capturing applications for licenses due to the fact that the CFR's records are not updated to record the correct entity that has possession of the firearm. This has become known as the "350's issue".

Quote Originally Posted by Zoo Keeper View Post
    Wow, MTTSS, I believe you have something here!!
    I am merely concurring with a learned friend. :)

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast