User

Default The new Glock 17/19 Gen 5 MOS

So one can call me a Glock fanboy, I shoot Glocks in competition, I carry a Glock as my edc, hell even my better half has two Glocks.
    I have to be careful as she shoots the guns better than me

Much was my excitement to hear the launch of the new Glock 17 and 19 Gen 5 MOS. (Finally a true left handed Glock MOS with FS)

All excited and with permission from the house bank manager, I walked into my local gun shop to order the new gun with a new Trijicon RMR type 2 to boast. My soon to be new EDC. All excited I stood and listened to them speaking to Bernard Agencies regarding the ETA of the new shipment. Late November was the reply. Great....late November it was.

Then it became early December, then end of December. January and now maybe.....maybe end of February. Dave Sheer has had the
    Glock 17/19 Gen 5 MOS advertised since mid December.

So my question is, how is it possible that Dave Sheer has these hand guns on sale before the local distributor even received its first shipment? What’s the delay?

In in the meantime I have a really nice RMR sitting at the local gun shop, Screaming at me every time I go to the range to be used. I also feel like a little boy who did not receive his Christmas gift........

maybe I was expecting to much....

Banned

Default Re: The new Glock 17/19 Gen 5 MOS

IIRC, Dave Sheer bring in their Glocks direct, thereby bypassing the local importer/distributor

User

Quote Originally Posted by BBT View Post
    IIRC, Dave Sheer bring in their Glocks direct, thereby bypassing the local importer/distributor
    So Dave Sheer can get the new GLOCK’s before the official importers can?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

DSG likely got theirs from Southern Arms. Who are an official importer and who won the permit lottery this time.

The business of importing firearms comes with all manner of unexpected delays.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    DSG likely got theirs from Southern Arms. Who are an official importer and who won the permit lottery this time.

The business of importing firearms comes with all manner of unexpected delays.
    That sucks, you would think that they would be available to all official importers at the same time?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Davidc View Post
    That sucks, you would think that they would be available to all official importers at the same time?

They are. But all importers are at the mercy of multiple governments and their varying rates of processing permits.