Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    User

Default Re: Why does it feel like Gunsite has quietened down significantly over the last year

I'm one of those members who've quietened down. In my case there are several reasons:

* There's a point where you've seen 80%+ of the stuff that gets asked on Gunsite before. There are plenty other forum members with either more knowledge or enthusiasm than I have to assist new blokes.
    * I've had to work really hard just to keep being employed. Economic conditions in the infrastructure construction industry is pretty horrible at the moment. That means less time to devote to online addictions.
    * I've decided to emigrate several months ago. Not sure how other folks have experienced the journey to somewhere else but for me there's a lot of emotional disinvestment going on. I find that I've almost involuntarily stopped doing things that I used to enjoy. Perhaps Gunsite reminds me of some stuff I need to say goodbye to, I don't know.
    * Perhaps almost applying uniquely to me but definitely playing a large role: Since I've started serving in a position within the shooting community, I've stopped enjoying social interaction about firearms. Given the amount of public criticism I have faced for doing the best I can in what little time I can find, often by very vocal people whose standout quality is sitting on their hands when volunteers are needed, I've just had enough. On the upside I guess it means I'm not a natural born arsehole or something.

So there it is. My daughter is asleep again now so I can log off Gunsite. For another few weeks, we'll see.

User

Default Re: Why does it feel like Gunsite has quietened down significantly over the last year

Quote Originally Posted by Tetelestai View Post
    I'm one of those members who've quietened down. In my case there are several reasons:

* There's a point where you've seen 80%+ of the stuff that gets asked on Gunsite before. There are plenty other forum members with either more knowledge or enthusiasm than I have to assist new blokes.
    * I've had to work really hard just to keep being employed. Economic conditions in the infrastructure construction industry is pretty horrible at the moment. That means less time to devote to online addictions.
    * I've decided to emigrate several months ago. Not sure how other folks have experienced the journey to somewhere else but for me there's a lot of emotional disinvestment going on. I find that I've almost involuntarily stopped doing things that I used to enjoy. Perhaps Gunsite reminds me of some stuff I need to say goodbye to, I don't know.
    * Perhaps almost applying uniquely to me but definitely playing a large role: Since I've started serving in a position within the shooting community, I've stopped enjoying social interaction about firearms. Given the amount of public criticism I have faced for doing the best I can in what little time I can find, often by very vocal people whose standout quality is sitting on their hands when volunteers are needed, I've just had enough. On the upside I guess it means I'm not a natural born arsehole or something.

So there it is. My daughter is asleep again now so I can log off Gunsite. For another few weeks, we'll see.
    So sorry to see that you are leaving SA, TTT. Will be sorry to see you go.

Also, on behalf of a vast number of shooters in our sport, thank you so much for all that you have and continue to do. Your efforts are very much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

I still read GS on a daily basis but definitely feel the disconnect not being in the country anymore. I dont post much as dont have much to contribute, unless its about NZ. I used to come here to read the political climate in SA as a lot of the horse shit was filtered out. But the mood has become somber which is understandable considering the circumstances. Still have family in SA so info on here remains relevant.

User

So what happened to Wandering Zero?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7